use of herbacides

hedgesparrow

reading on the HSE website. looking up a mapp number for barrier H for ragwort. i see from november 2015 only those with NPTC qualifications will be able to use profesinal products.

about time having spent good money on getting my papers and hard work passing exams.

maybe all herbcide,pestacide,insectacide should come under that you need to be qualified to use.:thumbup:

As always... "I stand to be corrected" but my understanding is that it has always been a requirement to hold a 'certificate of competence', in effect, i.e. PA1 / PA6 and/or BASIS registered, as a professional user UNLESS you were born before 1965 and were using pesticides, then you have 'grand-father' rights exemption.

I think it is this that is removed from No. 2015 such that, as you say, ALL persons using pesticides will need the 'NPTC' or equiv.

Cheers for this.. :thumbup1:

Paul

There has been a long standing arrangement in forestry that someone holding PA1 & PA6 could "supervise" up to five others on site when spraying. So in effect one ticket could have six operators on site. I've never been sure of how official this arrangement is/was. :confused1:

In any case, this is also going to cease in 2015. I believe you will also need a ticket to be able to plant treated trees, but stand to be corrected on that.

As always... "I stand to be corrected" but my understanding is that it has always been a requirement to hold a 'certificate of competence', in effect, i.e. PA1 / PA6 and/or BASIS registered, as a professional user UNLESS you were born before 1965 and were using pesticides, then you have 'grand-father' rights exemption.

I think it is this that is removed from No. 2015 such that, as you say, ALL persons using pesticides will need the 'NPTC' or equiv.

Cheers for this.. :thumbup1:

Paul

i think you will find that a lot of users being paid to do a job do not have papers. and if asked to spray roundup out of van comes knapsack with it in and is sprayed. no checking its still ok is it a still day is the nozzel correct.

maybe after 2015 this will cease and those who got there tickes and work to the rules may get more work. i doubt it as who will police who has or not a ticket. only way to stop it is to have to produce your card in a shop to buy it. will the likes of scats want to do this. but then they may be stopped stocking it if they do not have a basics trained person.

maybe the tide is turning. and will only get it from a prper chemical company.