Towing regs again

Rupe

Please move if this is in wrong area.

Someone recently sent me a link to this page........

https://www.gov.uk/towing-with-car/driving-licence-rules-and-what-you-can-tow

Can this be right? So after 97 makes no differnce at all and all the BS about seperate towing tests etc. is just BS?

It clearly says 3500Kgs plus 750 trailer is fine for post 97 licenses, so what has all the fuss been about?

A police friend of mine still says "no towing" if there isnt a symbol on your license for towing then you cant, but this goverment page seems to contradict that.

Gaylord!

I've not been stressing as I have a pre 97, B+E and C1 etc etc can drive everything I own with no worries at all. But when I have employed people with post 97 licenses I have nto let them tow anything.

I had thought that 3500+750 was ok, but others have said no towing at all with a 3500 vehicle. This site seems to clear it up.

And yes Adam, I think this would leave you in the clear so print it out and keep it with you. Missed you too but not in such a gay way! Hows your rigging thread getting on?

Gaylord!

I've not been stressing as I have a pre 97, B+E and C1 etc etc can drive everything I own with no worries at all. But when I have employed people with post 97 licenses I have nto let them tow anything.

I had thought that 3500+750 was ok, but others have said no towing at all with a 3500 vehicle. This site seems to clear it up.

And yes Adam, I think this would leave you in the clear so print it out and keep it with you. Missed you too but not in such a gay way! Hows your rigging thread getting on?

I'll get on it mate thanks for the heads up:thumbup1:

It's a shame you don't feel the same way mate....:001_tt2::biggrin:

The rigging thread?... Yes will get back on it ASAP :biggrin: got loads of photos to sort through and some new ones to add but for now just doing a bit more planning before I put anything on mate:thumbup1:

ROG covered this in a thread http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/arb-trucks/41316-trailer-towing-b-b-e-licence-rules-explained.html

You will probably go bog eyed and suffer a nerous breakdown, something so simple yet you need a degree for it due to regs!

Yes, I have got fed up of looking into it in the past, this new web page seems to explain it all nice and simple.

Everyone with a car license can tow 3500 (your average arb truck) with a 750kgs chipper/trailer. No towing test required.

B+E etc is for vehicles over 3500, so no one needs that unless your driving a vehicle plated at over 3500 and we all kind of knew that.