Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Timberwolf

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-12   #1 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2012

tw125 charging battery ?

hello - does the tw125 charge the battery as it runs??? when i first got the unit it was fine - however i got a new engine fitted due to old siezing -

i want to know if ethier the company who fitted it havent conected something up or its just the battery not holding charge

cheers
Old 02-08-12   #2 (permalink)

Re: tw125 charging battery ?

Hello Dr Green

The Honda engine does indeed trickle charge whist its running, albeit at quite a low rate. If the machine is being used for lots of short periods the charging may be insufficient to replace the power lost from the battery during the cranking/start operation.

Would be worthwhile getting the battery checked in the first instance to make sure its holding the charge OK.

The charging system is integral within the honda engine but the rectifier is connected outside of the machine via a green plastic multiplug, check both parts of the multiplug are pushed fully home and all the wires within it are connected and without corrosion.

If the battery checks out OK I would take the machine back to the company that fitted the engine to check it out

Timberwolf have a Technical helpline on 01449 765820 if further advise is needed
Old 03-08-12   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2012

Re: tw125 charging battery ?

excelant , i shall take a look - still need to sort stress control as defo not belts - always something to do , cheers