Tw150 roller problem

lollypoppy

Hiya guys just hopeing for a bit of advise on my 2008 tw150 only done 500 hrs and it works fine but every now and then after it's been jammed up the forward roller action won't start bk up? It dos avertually with repeated attempts , I wanted also just to check the hydraulic oil just in case this played a part but when I took the lid off oil spilled out every were I put lid straight bk with out loosing too much but was I ment to do this while it was running ? Any help will be great pls lads am a bit skint at mo due to a 2 grand Jcb bill so can't afford another dealer job at moment

Hi Lollypoppy

It sounds like you may have a relay with an intermittent fault.

The relay is labelled the forward latching relay located in the panel in the engine bay.

The relay is type SRB 500 (use either Hella or Lucas manufacture), it is a pull out type which can be easily removed and replaced.

This can be purchased from a good local automotive supplier for a few pounds.

Regarding the hydraulic oil level, please do not check this with the machine running as the pump will be energised and is pushing the oil through the system.

To check the level turn off and let the machine stand for a few minutes.

The minimum level is indicated by the lines marked on the hydraulic tank and if you are below minimum please top up using grade VG32.

Hope this sorts out your problems

regards

TW Tech Support

thanks for reply i have eplaced switch and its working fine now thanks but i have disccovered a rumble on the bearing which is driven by the top fan belt pulley ,there no play but just a rumble is this a job i can do my self or just a dealer job?? sorry i ve just had a £2000 bill from jcb for a final drive motor leak and am a bit a bit brasso at moment thanks dave

Hi Lollypoppy

Glad to hear the switch worked OK

A rumbling bearing normally means that the bearing has become dry and is on the way out.

I would advise that you replace the bearing as if you delay the repair it could cause additional damage to the shafts which will add to the costs in the long run.

It can be done by yourself but only if you know what you are doing.

Will leave the decision to you.

Best regards

TW Tech Support

Thanks for all your help got bernard to do it at Tockwith orange Plant ,service new blades bearings ,relay, works a treat mate thanks for help , I rally fancy one of these Chippers with the tacks so could maybe do some one a good deal on a 2008 with 410 hrs tw 150 dhb vEry well looked after

ThanKs for your help well worth trying