Revolutionary British-made log mill product launched

john the saw

After four years in design and testing, Silverclaw have at last launched their Transformer Log Saw on the market.

Arborists are no longer stuck cutting up good, usable lumber for firewood as for a small outlay, they can now process it quickly and safely into fencing, posts, shiplap, beams, planks etc.

Not intended to compete with large, expensive machines, the idea is that one-man operators can rip a 12" diameter log into highly sellable beams and planks etc.

Go a stage farther and start producing sheds, field shelters, stables, log cabins - anything that can be made from wood.

The Transformer is a very handy companion to larger mills which can struggle after converting large lumber to smaller dimensions.

More details at http://www.silverclaw.eu

Note - the final picture is of our testing prototype rig. The actual handle mechanism can now swing for easier operation and incorporates roller-assisted loading facility.

Edited by Steve Bullman

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great and i wish you every success. I consider £7329.60 inc vat to be a chunky wedge of dosh, not a small outlay. Do you have any portable units in the pipeline? cheers

I took it to mean a small outlay when compared to the money to be made from selling the finished timber or the money to be saved from not buying it in?

I took it to mean a small outlay when compared to the money to be made from selling the finished timber or the money to be saved from not buying it in?

Oh okay, I get what you are saying.... but it's still a big initial outlay to me. Maybe another Arbtalk dragon will be interested?

No portable mills in the pipeline, i guess?

Looks great and i wish you every success. I consider £7329.60 inc vat to be a chunky wedge of dosh, not a small outlay. Do you have any portable units in the pipeline? cheers

Hi steve,

Thanks for your kind words. Yes i take your point but people can really earn money with this machine and have a lot more options than just firewood log supply. I really meant that it's not a lot of money when the machine allows you to effectively have an instant multi-faceted business. We hope to post some videos next week but to give you an idea, one shows a 2 metre 9" diameter oak log, being processed into a lovely beam in under 5 minutes and then on into planks in another 3 minutes. That's pretty quick and a look on ebay will tell you that product like this sells for good money - and your materials cost is zero apart from a bit of fuel. Also please bear in mind that we intend the machine to be a new industry standard that lasts a lifetime - hence the highest quality materials, including the superb Honda GX630 V twin engine. Delivery and vat included, you get a lot for the money. All the best. john. Silverclaw

Hi steve,

Thanks for your kind words. Yes i take your point but people can really earn money with this machine and have a lot more options than just firewood log supply. I really meant that it's not a lot of money when the machine allows you to effectively have an instant multi-faceted business. We hope to post some videos next week but to give you an idea, one shows a 2 metre 9" diameter oak log, being processed into a lovely beam in under 5 minutes and then on into planks in another 3 minutes. That's pretty quick and a look on ebay will tell you that product like this sells for good money - and your materials cost is zero apart from a bit of fuel. Also please bear in mind that we intend the machine to be a new industry standard that lasts a lifetime - hence the highest quality materials, including the superb Honda GX630 V twin engine. Delivery and vat included, you get a lot for the money. All the best. john. Silverclaw

Hi John, no worries there mate. Sounds like a great bit of kit & I look forwards to seeing it working in your videos.

.... a simple portable bandsaw or circular saw to compete with/ or go alongside an Alaskan Sawmill is what I'm interested in, but nobody seems to be making one yet - Bit of a gap in the UK market there. :thumbup1: cheers, steve