Chainsaw for fencing..

Fenland

Need some advice from my more learned forum users.

Our old chainsaw has given up the ghost, but has done us well. So I need a new chainsaw for fencing work only, so small, light weight and reliable are the key criteria. Doesn't need to be able to run huge bars, log away all day etc..:biggrin:

Will be used for cutting and notching strainers and struts.

So any recommendations for saws?

[Not bothered whether is Husky or Stihl before we go down that route!]

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still 171 did me for several years till some scroat nicked it out the back of me disco while I was down the line stapling up! Small, very light, super accurate with the 1.1 pico chain and cheap as chips. Have heard of others having oiler problems but always found it super reliable.

Still 171 did me for several years till some scroat nicked it out the back of me disco while I was down the line stapling up! Small, very light, super accurate with the 1.1 pico chain and cheap as chips. Have heard of others having oiler problems but always found it super reliable.

Looks ideal, the fact that it lasted for a good few years is always a bonus as well.

It certainly wont be getting daily use, more like weekly so for the money that looks like a good buy.

I do a lot of fencing and for a long time I had a little ms170 then when it died i replaced it with a Ms211 if the ms211 dies I will be replacing it with another ms211! mine has a 14" bar but when its time to replace it I will be going to a 12" bar as it only gets used for fencing/hedging and small logging. its the most used saw I have and I have a few lol