Stolen from York Area!

PeteB

Alan Oldfield (Beaver Plant)has just rang me to inform us that a buttercup yellow GreenMech 1928 SafeTrac has been stolen from a railway site close to York on the York to Harrowgate stretch.The serial number is 9155 and as stated, was a buttercup yellow machine. Contact either myself on 07774 282481 or Alan direct on 01759 372552 with any information. There are now two buttercup yellow 1928 STC that are on the stolen list both stolen of rail jobs.

Edited by PeteB
spelling

Just a suggestions stop leaving expensive machines on railtracks, they have all night to break any lock they probly watch you in the day wait for you to sod off them bam.

It may be a pain in the arse but thats what you gotta do my little chipper is bolted through every hole its a fcker in the mornins to unlock but its there every monrning.

Best of luck finding it also if you must leave them onsite whack a tracker on them :thumbup:

Hope he gets it back, thieving scum:thumbdown:

I know this is going away from the intention of the thread(but I suppose every bump helps it get noticed more:001_smile:) but I would have thought that all hire gear would have trackers!

An I thought the insurance companies would specify they had to, the way things are atm more and more plant will be going missing(obviously not just arb gear), it wont take the insurance long to stop paying out.

Thanks for paying attention folks. A totally bizarre one this. A member of the public thought that it looked stolen and hidden so the Police had it recovered from a railway site tracked it along 3 quarters of a mile of railway property and Hiabbed it over a fence.

Far play to the Police for doing it.

But how did they get on NR property without permission, if they had permission - surely NR would have said that some works were being undertaken, surely the evidence of tree work in the area would have suggested to whoever that it was a working site!

So this particular machine hasnt been stolen then. Result. Its good to think the Police have been that vigilant, and assumed it was stolen without it being reported. I can also imagine the sick feeling in the gut of turning up to work and finding the machine is not where you left it.

We had a chap walk up to us today when we were in the lock up asking if we had any spare car batteries, while his eyes were all over the place looking at the quad chipper etc. And he had that traveller accent it's boiling my blood already hope I'm wrong but expect me to put one of these threads up:sneaky2::cursing: