Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stolen Equipment List your stolen equipment here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-12-09   #21 (permalink)

Re: justice system wrong or right??

well folks it is only going to get worse as i work part time for the probation service supervising unpaid work orders for the courts used to be community service.
all the 42 probation areas have to save at least 20% of their budgets over next two years and as high risk crims like murderers rapists and peoadophiles are high risk lower class of crims deemed medium to low risk i.e. burglars drink drivers and assaults both gbh/abh which tend to be the most violent crims will have have less supervision by the service.
the courts are in a mess anyway with most jails over full so magistrates have be told to "only send the most severe to jails" i would say that having anybody smashing you in th face with a glass bottle is serious and they should be jailed not just left out to do what they want...
Old 20-12-09   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011

What happens in your own home is your business, but if it spills onto the street, well then its public business and your asking for trouble, they wouldnt have made it as far as the street if it was me...... if somone threatens your wife and kids with a knife and says those things, then its eye for an eye in my view...

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."~Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

"The acquisition of any knowledge is always of use to the intellect, because it may thus drive out useless things and retain the good. For nothing can be loved or hated unless it is first known".~Leonardo da Vinci

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes".~Nikola Tesla

my desire to enlighten, out of love of neighbour
Old 20-12-09   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamadryad View Post

What relevance? we are all of equal importance.
We are born equal. However, a minority loose their equal rights along the way buy taking things which are not theirs.

I think the earlier post was correct, it is the sentance which is wrong. Just a pity he did not simply break his arms or legs.
Old 20-12-09   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.S View Post
I thought this may be of interest as alot of people getting broken into,
an interesting story was the guy right to do what he did to the invader of his home, i think personally i would have done the same once you switch on to protect your family.

was he right or wrong or was the court right or wrong Discuss.....

Jail for ‘courageous’ Munir Hussain who beat intruder with cricket bat - Times Online
a friend of mine worked on this case & all is not as it seems in the press

after dragging the intruder to the ground in the street both the man & his brother hit him in the head with the bat.

The defence was poor & the defendent made every mistake going when he made his poliece statement/interview & then in court, if he had ran a better defence he may have stood a chance. "as my client ran down the street after the intruder my client continued to fear for his & his families life perceiving the intruder to be collecting a weapon, as he dragged him to the ground the intruder reached repeadedly into his trousers which my client perceived etc. etc."

intruders have been shot dead or injured by home owners in the uk, whilst (arguably) fleeing the property un-armed & no charges have been brought upon the home owner! but taht doesn't sellnewspapers!

know the law, knowlege is power
Old 20-12-09   #25 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by educated arborist View Post
a friend of mine worked on this case & all is not as it seems in the press

after dragging the intruder to the ground in the street both the man & his brother hit him in the head with the bat.

The defence was poor & the defendent made every mistake going when he made his poliece statement/interview & then in court, if he had ran a better defence he may have stood a chance. "as my client ran down the street after the intruder my client continued to fear for his & his families life perceiving the intruder to be collecting a weapon, as he dragged him to the ground the intruder reached repeadedly into his trousers which my client perceived etc. etc."

intruders have been shot dead or injured by home owners in the uk, whilst (arguably) fleeing the property un-armed & no charges have been brought upon the home owner! but taht doesn't sellnewspapers!

know the law, knowlege is power

i know that the law is an ass!

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."~Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

"The acquisition of any knowledge is always of use to the intellect, because it may thus drive out useless things and retain the good. For nothing can be loved or hated unless it is first known".~Leonardo da Vinci

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes".~Nikola Tesla

my desire to enlighten, out of love of neighbour
Old 21-12-09   #26 (permalink)

The guy deserves praise not punishment.

Anyone breaking in to my property will gets whats coming for them, the last guy who tried got a glancing blow from a weighted drain rod.... I suspect from the crunch that it broke his wrist.
Old 22-12-09   #27 (permalink)

The justice system in the UK is WRONG, plain and simple. If it were right, all you good, hard working people wouldn't be getting robbed all the time, would you? I've said it before and I'll say it again.......the robbing and thieving is only gonna stop when those involved are met with force and lethal force at that. That thieving little **** might think twice about going out the next night if he saw his friend getting shot dead when he broke into some poor bastard's house the night before.
The police don't help either. Why bother trying to nick the burglar? He won't get a custodial anyway.....let's go after the home owner, he's here cricket bat in hand, victim at his feet.....yeah, let's nick him, nice and easy and a GBH rap is alot more juicy than a burglary one......

www.Thetreewisemen.com

Last edited by TheTreeWiseMen; 22-12-09 at 02:25 PM..
Old 22-12-09   #28 (permalink)

The intruder was let off as he was unfit to stand trial!
Old 22-12-09   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

God help em if I ever became PM

www.dalofthousetreesurgery.co.uk
Old 22-12-09   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTreeWiseMen View Post
The justice system in the UK is WRONG, plain and simple. If it were right, all you good, hard working people wouldn't be getting robbed all the time, would you? I've said it before and I'll say it again.......the robbing and thieving is only gonna stop when those involved are met with force and lethal force at that. That thieving little **** might think twice about going out the next night if he saw his friend getting shot dead when he broke into some poor bastard's house the night before.
The police don't help either. Why bother trying to nick the burglar? He won't get a custodial anyway.....let's go after the home owner, he's here cricket bat in hand, victim at his feet.....yeah, let's nick him, nice and easy and a GBH rap is alot more juicy than a burglary one......

Others may differ

90% of being a good Dad is just turning up.