Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Stolen Equipment List your stolen equipment here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20-12-09   #11 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011

Re: justice system wrong or right??

Seems to me he should have let be after they ran, and gone back to phone the police and make sure his family was re assured.

Would we all do the same? Trust me, if I had caught the scum that robbed me....

"Munir Hussain, who trained as an engineer, came to Britain in 1964 and founded a company that employs nine people and with a turnover of £2.4 million. He is a former chairman of the Wycombe Race Equality Council. "

What relevance? we are all of equal importance.

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."~Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

"The acquisition of any knowledge is always of use to the intellect, because it may thus drive out useless things and retain the good. For nothing can be loved or hated unless it is first known".~Leonardo da Vinci

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter — for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes".~Nikola Tesla

my desire to enlighten, out of love of neighbour
Old 20-12-09   #12 (permalink)
Senior member, Raffle Sponsor 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamadryad View Post
Seems to me he should have let be after they ran, and gone back to phone the police and make sure his family was re assured.

Would we all do the same? Trust me, if I had caught the scum that robbed me....

"Munir Hussain, who trained as an engineer, came to Britain in 1964 and founded a company that employs nine people and with a turnover of £2.4 million. He is a former chairman of the Wycombe Race Equality Council. "

What relevance? we are all of equal importance.
I think it was intended to support the editorial view that this man was a reasonable member of society and of value to his community.
As for your honourable belief in equality, Hamadryad, somehow I can't help but value myself, my family or even the blinkered judge over the now brain-damaged attacker.
Old 20-12-09   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b101uk View Post
As soon as the other person flees or try’s to self-defence no longer exists in your mitigation,

Chasing someone down the street then bludgeoning them is NOT self-defence or defence of a 3rd party (coming to there aid) neither is it detaining them using minimal force AKA a “citizens arrest”

Had he bludgeoned him in his own home had he or his family been attacked in it then that would be very different BUT minimal force would still apply.
Ditto apart from minimal force in my own home. Touch my family and you die end of.

God Save the Queen.

www.redlineoil.com
Old 20-12-09   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

I hold the veiw that these people are a danger to society, whether they are in your house or fleeing.

Just because they are running away doesn't make them any less dangerous to someone in future.

The muggers I witnessed mugged an elderly man, knocked him to the ground injuring him, he was standing at a bus stop outside hospital waiting for the bus after visiting his gravely ill wife

Muggers are dangerous whether fleeing or attacking, in my veiw you are defending someone else in future

www.dalofthousetreesurgery.co.uk
Old 20-12-09   #15 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

I think he took it too far when he left his property and also having other people to help him beat the one person.

Give them a good hiding on your own property but not in the street
The witness statements will have got him in the most trouble
Old 20-12-09   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
I think he took it too far when he left his property and also having other people to help him beat the one person.
He was lucky, in other countries he'd have been shot or beheaded

www.dalofthousetreesurgery.co.uk
Old 20-12-09   #17 (permalink)

I believe he was acting in a reasonable manor, given what this piece of filth had done!!!

If he had killed him he would have done us all a favor.

I feel sick to my stomach that OUR society will put a man behind bars for protecting his family.

A suspended sentence would have been fine, if he is a "violent man" he will commit some other offense and at that point this sentence could come in.

A do not believe he is a "violent man", I believe he is a family man who was pushed too far!!!!!

Others may differ

90% of being a good Dad is just turning up.
Old 20-12-09   #18 (permalink)
Raffle Sponsor 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyhuck View Post
I believe he was acting in a reasonable manor, given what this piece of filth had done!!!

If he had killed him he would have done us all a favor.

I feel sick to my stomach that OUR society will put a man behind bars for protecting his family.

A suspended sentence would have been fine, if he is a "violent man" he will commit some other offense and at that point this sentence could come in.

A do not believe he is a "violent man", I believe he is a family man who was pushed too far!!!!!

Providing of course that what we've read in the press is accurate
Old 20-12-09   #19 (permalink)
Supporting Member, Raffle Sponsor 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Funnily enough heard on the radio before that if the Torries get in they say they will define what reasonable force is and how we can defend our selves in our own home!

Might not be a good thing, they could say you can do nothing but call the police.

I would happily pay more tax's if it could put a holt and turn around this whole mess we have about crime and punishment.

Place is going to the dogs imo.
Old 20-12-09   #20 (permalink)

I am a grumpy old man and I agree with all the quotes< with the current PC I think this country no longer belongs to ME