Tilt bucket / Rotatilt - Advice Please

Duffryn

After some advice if possible. I've got a JCB 8080 and I'm thinking of getting a tilt bucket or tilt rotator. The machine is set up for a grab rotator now, so I am assuming that no mods would be required for pipework ? It's an estate machine used for ditching, woodland track creation / maintenance, forestry track maintenance/ repairs etc.

Questions

1) Will I benefit from a tilt rotator or this this really for fine landscaping work ?

2) I've already got a hydraulic thumb fitted, will the extra weight or either the tilt rotator or the tilt bucket be a concern ( appreciate I will have to lock the thumb off in order to use the tilt rotator ?

3) Ive got a Geith quick hitch, how do they fit onto this ?

4) Any brands recommended / ones to avoid ?

5) What sort of budget should I allow for each ?

6) Final question. I’ve got a 2013 3cx contractor, anyone have any experience of using a tilt bucket on this, if so how is it plumbed hydraulically ?

Thanks in advance

Iain

Go the Tilt Bucket until you replace the machine is the best advice I can give you, as you really have gone quite a way down the road with attachments already and you will need to press reset to go again most effectively down the Tilty route.

Call Callum at Highland Hammers for the best price out there on a Geith Tilt bucket and tell him Eddie told you to call.

He is really top guy for attachments and service is fantastic.

You are most welcome to come and see my Kubota and have a play, I have pretty much most attachments you'll be looking for and I can talk you through the various options.

It'll be the best bit of diesel you will buy, but breakfast is on you!:thumbup:

Eddie.

Go the Tilt Bucket until you replace the machine is the best advice I can give you, as you really have gone quite a way down the road with attachments already and you will need to press reset to go again most effectively down the Tilty route.

Call Callum at Highland Hammers for the best price out there on a Geith Tilt bucket and tell him Eddie told you to call.

He is really top guy for attachments and service is fantastic.

You are most welcome to come and see my Kubota and have a play, I have pretty much most attachments you'll be looking for and I can talk you through the various options.

It'll be the best bit of diesel you will buy, but breakfast is on you!:thumbup:

Eddie.

Thanks Eddie - I have been following your equipment purchases and I am humbled by your work (You are a God with a machine). If I took up your kind offer of a visit I would end up with severe kit envy, a spending spree and a divorce so as much as I would love to meet you, buy you a cracking breakfast and see your kit for I will regretfully have to decline. I will however take your advice and call Callum ! Once again a big thanks

Forgot to add, JCB do the pipework for a tilt bucket/thumb now I'm certain, but you may be surprised that it's the Backhoe you should possibly be considering the Tiltrotator on?

A few have gone this route and the benefits are considerable.

Eddie.

Not sure this would be on my 2013 machine ? I can see the benefits !

Would be great if I could use the tilt bucket on both machines - both have a Geith quick attachment though not sure how the tilt would plug hydraulics wise on the 3cx, hammer is only one way ? The 3cx has pretty much every extra on it, servo controls etc so what would I need to look for ?

Thanks Eddie - I have been following your equipment purchases and I am humbled by your work (You are a God with a machine). If I took up your kind offer of a visit I would end up with severe kit envy, a spending spree and a divorce so as much as I would love to meet you, buy you a cracking breakfast and see your kit for I will regretfully have to decline. I will however take your advice and call Callum ! Once again a big thanks

Mate, you are more than welcome and no need for kit envy. I'm just as happy on a 25 year old JCB 814 as my daily kit.

I know the Tilty job inside out, and hate to see people spend money on solutions that are sold to them just to clinch a deal.

Get yourself over and take a look, can I tempt you with a go on the Liebherr!:thumbup:

As for God with a machine, always someone better and my last shift will be the day I stop learning in this job!

Callum is brilliant, he really will go far in the attachment industry.

Eddie.

I'll put this 5cx video up as we're all showing a bit of love for the Backhoe at present, and whatever is said the versatility of them is unreal.

You will see a selector grab and Jaw Bucket piped up on it, but I have a friend with the actual pipework fitted to a 3cx if your dealer is stuck.

I'll get a picture sent down of a 4cx with Tiltrotator, some bit of kit!:thumbup:

[ame]

[/ame]

Eddie.

Mate, you are more than welcome and no need for kit envy. I'm just as happy on a 25 year old JCB 814 as my daily kit.

I know the Tilty job inside out, and hate to see people spend money on solutions that are sold to them just to clinch a deal.

Get yourself over and take a look, can I tempt you with a go on the Liebherr!:thumbup:

As for God with a machine, always someone better and my last shift will be the day I stop learning in this job!

Callum is brilliant, he really will go far in the attachment industry.

Eddie.

You are a true gent. I'm sooooooooo tempted but I would be like a kid in a sweet shop and after recently kitting myself out with a serious amount of kit I know that I would end up producing a spreadsheet to justify even more and end up being single and lonely. I will take your advice (who wouldn't) and just go for Geith the tilt.

I'll put this 5cx video up as we're all showing a bit of love for the Backhoe at present, and whatever is said the versatility of them is unreal.

You will see a selector grab and Jaw Bucket piped up on it, but I have a friend with the actual pipework fitted to a 3cx if your dealer is stuck.

I'll get a picture sent down of a 4cx with Tiltrotator, some bit of kit!:thumbup:

Eddie.

I get the back hoe, got one. Key benefit is peed to site and back. Its probably just me but I find that its much more challenging machine, to get the most out of one you need to be a GOOD operator whereas with a 360 you can achieve a great deal more being an average operator (like me)