Do you charge more for commercial work

Dryad's saddle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Generally a lot more pre work work to do as well like site specific method statement and risk assessment, having to fit in with there schedule not yours and time wasted on site with inductions etc and the for mentioned inevitable wait to get paid.

Generally a lot more pre work work to do as well like site specific method statement and risk assessment, having to fit in with there schedule not yours and time wasted on site with inductions etc and the for mentioned inevitable wait to get paid.

Yeah, and that, forgot about that, the paperwork.

Dont do commercial no more. Waiting months for your money don't appreciate your hard work unlike most private work bringing out tea and bacon butties now you talking.As er in doors says you can't go and spend £100 on food shopping and pay in eight months time.Might work for some but not me.

I did a fair bit of work for a letting agent last year, mostly replacing fence panels & garden tidy ups between tenants. The money is good, & I've found the time it takes to get paid varies from landlord to landlord.

I started to contact the landlords direct on completion of the job, & this speeded up payment, but the agents put a stop to that, I think because they weren't getting to put the money in their bank for a few weeks.

I also have one commercial contract which pays 90 days in arrear's that's a pain, but at least they pay promptly on the 90 days.

Rob