My Silky betrayed my Imori... New rope time!

Mornin' chaps.

Ok, it's all been talked about til you're blue in the face, and yes, I have read the "which SRT rope" thread, but now I'm stuck...

I have started doing more and more SRT, and proper enjoy it (albeit takes a bit of getting used to), but last week, while doing a small 2 meter reducing on a fat beech, my Silky decided to seize its chance at freedom, hooked itself on a branch, and whacked my Yale Imori on its way down.... :crying: Now I have 2 Yale Imori's, but one 40 meters, and another 20.

So, silver linings and all that, I need a new rope! I do need at least 60 meters, and sometimes i do climb ddrt, so choices are....: Teufelberger Tacyhon, Yale Poison Ivy, or is it worth paying the duty fees and order in some Cougar Blue from Treestuff? Or anything else you suggest?

I do have eyes on the Cougar Blue though, people seem to like it...

Cheers,

Doug

I discussed cougar blue and orange with nod the other day. He didn't know of any differences between them (other than colour obviously) but I'm sure I read on here somewhere that one was better than the other. Anyone recall it or know what it was about? I just got some of each but haven't tried it out yet. Was going to save it for my new Akimbo but I'm being impatient and getting a BDB before that arrives so will try it on that first.

• 2 months later...

Another vote for cougar blue - ordered from Nod - it squared off a bit in the beginning but seems to have stopped that now - its a really nice rope for SRT - hardly any bounce to it. Use it with RW and OP-VT for SRT as well as Lock jack for DdRT, and its nice to grab hold of.