Stationary Rope Work Positioning (SRWP) Research Project

BenR

Good day ladies and gentlemen of Arbtalk. Over the past few months Noddy from Treeworker and myself have began working on a project with the support of the Arb Association to do some research into SRWP techniques and equipment currently used in the UK industry.

Currently we have a massive range of new devices and equipment available to us. However, there is often little to no testing, research or certification of any of these. Furthermore, there is no recognised training which leads us to the awkward question.... what happens in the event of an accident if I am climbing SRWP? Will the insurance pay out??

The aims and objectives of this project will be posted up in due course, but the main idea of this thread was to spark some conversation but also to get folks using any of these devices and systems at work to help us understand whats going on out there by completing a survey.

We don't want to spend time researching stuff that isn't commonly used so ideally we are aiming to get as many people as possible to complete the following survey to give us an idea of where the industry stands as a whole.. This survey will also be going out via other media. If anyone is prepared to take the time to complete it, I would be extremely grateful... it's only 10 questions. :thumb:

link to follow after I've sorted it out...

Edited by BenR

Thanks for your comments chaps, i have paused the survey with the help of Steve for the moment, I will see if there is a way to make it work on ipad/phone, I'm sure its just a button I'm missing somewhere. Any comments and questions are appreciated :)

Hi,

The IRATA systems are fully recognised by HSE and are time proven. Might be worth exploring that route as a possibility.

The Lyon Equipment/Petzl guys are very switched on with that type of equipment and systems, they're very highly recommended.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

JamieP