Side zip work boots

scbk

Hi, does anyone on here use tall steel toe cap boots with a side zip?

This sort of thing

V12 Leopard II High Leg Side Zip S3 Safety Boot VR695 Black Leather UK 5 - 13 | eBay

Look handy for when you want to just nip in the house to get something, or change in and out of overalls, waterproof trousers etc

My only thought would be the zip might dig in or make the boots uncomfortable.

They need to be comfy as I often end up walking miles and miles!

Anyone use them?

We have to wear that sort for offshore now, they give you more ankle support and if you have an accident they can be unzipped and come off easier, also quite waterproof.

The downside is they are a bit heavier.

make sure you get a pair with good arch support - the pair I have now make my feet ache after a while.

I have those exact boots, if I'm not in chainsaw boots then I am in them. Very comfortable & no messing about with laces when entering/exiting someones house or getting home plastered in mud or when your fingers are frozen & you can't get your laces undone.

I am very hard on normal work boots & can destroy a cheap pair in a fortnight might get 3 months out of a more expensive pair if I am lucky these on the other hand I have had just over a year & they are only just starting to let water in & treads are beginning to wear down (not as non slip as they used to be) so I would highly recommend them & will be buying V12 boots with a side zip again myself.

Be aware if you do a lot of strimming then grass clippings will eat through the laces quite quickly.

Cheaper here (where I got them from) but limited sizes available unfortunately no size 12 so it looks like I will have to pay a bit more for my next pair.

Lawson HIS: V12 VR6 VR695 Leopard Black High Leg Zip Side Boot VR695

Look impressive I too have ordered a pair, I have problems with my feet so zip sided the way to go. I have a pair of Husky chainsaw wellies I had full length zips put in the back only way to get in and out of them for me anyway, cost a fortune to do and are no longer waterproof for standing in waterfilled ditches but them who wants to do that!

Well they have arrived, bit different from the old dealer boots I was wearing, 9"" tall inside compared to dealer boots 6"" inside. Lots of padding round leg, ankles, sole, very easy to get in and out of as was said in the earlier posts. Trying them out in the wood tomorrow :thumbup1: Wife will be pleased as looks like I won't hit the brake and accelerator together anymore.

59766d6f9cfae_V12bootsmiddle.jpg.55f040102ed93a31f5ef11696677220c.jpg

59766d6f98687_V12bootsleft.jpg.438e077e6890143ab8ed7c40511127f3.jpg

59766d6f967c6_V12bootsleftzip.jpg.17f067d9489c2c054e3e9726632e3240.jpg