Loler Log book

Nick Connell

i made up spreadsheets, one for when the item was purchased, where from, first used, and when its due for replacement, plus the invoice number (copies in the folder) etc

AND then another one for regular inspection which i tend to do every other week as I do not use the kit every day.

i made up spreadsheets, one for when the item was purchased, where from, first used, and when its due for replacement, plus the invoice number (copies in the folder) etc

AND then another one for regular inspection which i tend to do every other week as I do not use the kit every day.

Spreadsheet, as James states. Separate one for my spliced kit, as LOLER don't like splicing. Like to keep track of wear and tear.

That's very thorough "Mr KentJames", well done :biggrin::thumbup1:

Quite reasonable too that you've adjusted the recorded "weekly inspection" timescale based on usage, said as this is a good practice issue rather than what the LOLER Regs/ACOP require.

Many LOLER inspectors will supply 6 months worth of blank sheets, or an electronic master copy for such, based on their 'thorough examination' and the kit present. Failing that there are some templates here Help becoming an ARB Approved Contractor

Cheers..

Paul

We supply an electronic spread sheet template with all your gears codes & descriptions with examination record on request, some of my clients tend to renew items just before an examination so that they can have them all marked up on their weekly log template & saving them boat loads of typing.

Most of my clients climb on spliced ropes & lanyards and this seldom causes me or them any issues at all Dog Tag, there are allot of advantages to climbing on spliced equipment, in fact in managing & planning certain operations (as you required BY loler) id say its most desirable to unse spliced terminations

Most of my clients climb on spliced ropes & lanyards and this seldom causes me or them any issues at all Dog Tag, there are allot of advantages to climbing on spliced equipment, in fact in managing & planning certain operations (as you required BY loler) id say its most desirable to unse spliced terminations.

Thanks for that LOLER UK.

We supply an electronic spread sheet template with all your gears codes & descriptions with examination record on request, some of my clients tend to renew items just before an examination so that they can have them all marked up on their weekly log template & saving them boat loads of typing.

Most of my clients climb on spliced ropes & lanyards and this seldom causes me or them any issues at all Dog Tag, there are allot of advantages to climbing on spliced equipment, in fact in managing & planning certain operations (as you required BY loler) id say its most desirable to unse spliced terminations

I've just passed my LOLER competent person exams.

When I asked how can you certify a home splice... I was told you can't because a home splice has no certificate of conformity CE and you can't give it an MBS value.

Therefore you can't certify it as PPE fit for use.

Also you can't certify it as rigging because you can't calculate an SWL.

Does anyone have any accurate info on this ?

Thanks

Timon