New Etesia 46 RMHB

Digbee

Apparently this is new out this week. Kinda got put on the scent of Etesia is the need for a non clogging mower that will work in the wet - after last years weather!!

Anyway spoke to Etesia uk today. Got a felling its one guy a desk and a sales sheet, he convinced me this was the one to go for the new 46 RMHB. Currently i use a Stiga Pro Svan 53 and or a the smaller Honda Roller mower 426 I think, for collection.

Both mine are about 34kg max.

Just read the spec for the new Etesia, and its 45 kg !! As a one man lift thats heavy imho and wet grass that will sink into the ground and leave tracks.

Not good as the other Pro46 models are same weight as my current ones which are heavy enough.

Has anyone any recommendations from their experience with the Pro 46 of which ones to get and which to avoid. The online (Utube) vids seem to suggest the front end is a tad light ?? Also are these the best collection mowers to use in the rain for wet lawns (on prestigious lawns) - if not what it ?

Thanks

Peter

We use the etesia 46 Briggs push ones. Good we machines, nice and light, good collection. A bit pricey for all they are though. We,ve 10 of them at the moment. Haven,t seen anything else to temp me away from them yet. This new one would need to be something else at that weight although it is self prop.

Odd I wonder if someone had made a typo as the next model down the Duocut 46 RMCS is 36kg according to the website - where I wonder did the extra 9 kg come from the Honda 160 engine can't be that much heavier - perhaps its a cast iron deck ?

Oh wells got a demo Saturday so can see then, think might call lone office chap up and confirm this.

Peter

Something to consider?

I have seen Council staff using a Stihl BR400 blower to blow dry grass before boxing off.

Mostly we mulch rather than box off.

It appeared to work, the box mower was a bog-standard micky-mouse wee rover or sommat btw.

Obviously only pertinent in heavy showers rather than persistent drizzle or rain.

Cheers,

Marcus

Have a look at the viking ive got this one, performs really well, especially on wet.....thats why i got coz of the "drought" we had last year, a bit pricey but its turned my mowing round ;)

http://www.radmoretucker.co.uk/category/Viking_Lawnmowers/product/Viking_MB755KS_53cm_BBC_Self_Propelled_Petrol_Lawnmower/?gclid=CO2L4JGEmLcCFSbHtAod7BgARg

Apparently this is new out this week. Kinda got put on the scent of Etesia is the need for a non clogging mower that will work in the wet - after last years weather!!

Anyway spoke to Etesia uk today. Got a felling its one guy a desk and a sales sheet, he convinced me this was the one to go for the new 46 RMHB. Currently i use a Stiga Pro Svan 53 and or a the smaller Honda Roller mower 426 I think, for collection.

Both mine are about 34kg max.

Just read the spec for the new Etesia, and its 45 kg !! As a one man lift thats heavy imho and wet grass that will sink into the ground and leave tracks.

Not good as the other Pro46 models are same weight as my current ones which are heavy enough.

Has anyone any recommendations from their experience with the Pro 46 of which ones to get and which to avoid. The online (Utube) vids seem to suggest the front end is a tad light ?? Also are these the best collection mowers to use in the rain for wet lawns (on prestigious lawns) - if not what it ?

Thanks

Peter

theonly mower ive used that collects well in the wet, dosnt clog up, fill the box to the brim and tell you when its full :)

• 4 weeks later...
theonly mower ive used that collects well in the wet, dosnt clog up, fill the box to the brim and tell you when its full :)

OK so had this mower a few weeks now, already on 2nd blade. And yes it does clog up in wet grass, as much as a Honda roller. Main problem is the wet grass clangs to the under deck, and the box clogs up with wet cuttings - great if can hose it down no good if you can't. But the clogging up between the blade and the under deck is most annoying as your post led me to believe this does not happen. Bearing in mind I have done all my customers over past few weeks solely with this mower. From posh £2m properties down council house owners. Only snag is they all prefer the quality of cut compared to my other mowers, so a, kinda stuck with a mower I am not happy with.

Peter.