Grey Ferguson

zeroluke

Hi does anyone know what a reasonable price would be to pay for a well runnin TE 20 4 banger diesel? Been lookin for a bike for the summer, but trail bikes are few and far between round here and over priced and likely to be pinched, but nice ish looking 1950's tractor on the bay for £1000, from a reputable seller..

Good idea, but no. Theres county fairs around yorkshire. It would be nice to show old iron, rather than just go and see it. It would also be cheaper than getting slapped by the police for riding offroad, or riding like steve mcqueen away from them. Only time I give it any stick, really.

You going to do the trails on a Fergy then:001_smile:

I brought my tef20 a year ago restored for 1800 with transport box,my 3rd tractor and I love it . Not most 18 yr olds choice of transport

I bet you do. Not as much as the line of traffic behind you, though :P ! Does it have live drive on it? Whilst I wouldn't use it that often ( yet) it'd be something I'd be thinking about should I use it for mowing, or something. Its a shame they didn't think of it earlier.

On our T20 if you press the clutch the pto stops. It has to or how else would you get it in/out of gear. Or did you mean the tractor itself stops?:confused1:

It does need the pto to be in gear for the hydraulics to work.

Also have 2 MF35s that have two stage clutches, press so far for gearbox then further for pto clutch. They don't need the pto to be in gear for the hydraulics to work. (much better)

The 3 cylinder diesel is much more sought after as the 4 cylinder has a big reputation for being a poor starter, especially from cold.

The grey ferguson tractor does not have a live drive, just a single plate clutch, pressing clutch stops drive, pto rotation, and hydraulics, also I think some had a smaller size pto shaft, but adaptors are available. Non live drive just means a little bit move forward planning if you use it for mowing.

4 cyl diesel are usally a good starter in grey fergi, unlike the newer 35`s, you can get a 3 cyl but are a bit more of a rarity