Timberwolf TW150DHB

mini_andi@msn.com

i own an 04 model 150 and of late its being a right pain in the arse !!

it will run for an indefinate amount of time no problems,then all of a sudden it will stop for no apparent reason,no coughing/lack of power etc it just dies!!!

turn the key and it bursts straight back to life??!!,could then mayb run indefinatly then again or cut out as soon as it draws material in and the engine goes under load.

Ive changed fuel filters,both screw on and in-line,checked fuel lines

drained tank and flushed it,checked tank pick up point,but yet it still does it!

could it be a dodgy stop solenoid that isnt completly releasing when turned back on and as soon as you vibrate the machine it jumps back to the off position?

baffled

also told it could be the diesel bug,but i would of thought it would cough and splutter than just die as if youd turned it off?

If you check the timberwolf section of forum there's been a few people with same problem, I asked the same ? A few months back about a mates chipper, it's still not fixed but as it's not mine am not too concerned. Tried taking all other keys off chipper key made no difference, think the other ideas involved replacing parts. Out of interest is your hydraulic oil level low and how long ago was it changed?

Hi there. Had problem with my 1 just stop the other day turn key turned over and over nothing cracked fuel cap then it started had no prob after thou you may have block fuel cab breather or blocked fuel pipe on infeed pipe.

yours sounds like a newer model that has problems with the tank sucking in due to a crappy designed breather.

mine will start straight away after its died but just cant stop it dying.lol

Siw,

changed the hydraulic oil and filter back in june,probs only done 100hrs since,the oil level is where it should be on the markings on the tank :S

A few years back I replaced the diesel engine on mine, had no end of intermittent problems, change dfuel filters several times, removed/flushed fuel tank, replaced fuel pipes.

In the end it was nowt to do with TW design, where the wires came out of the fuel cut-off solenoid I noticed that if you poked them it caused the cut-out symptoms.

One of the wires must have been broken just below the resin coating layer.

I by passed the cut out switch and it was perfect (poetic license there) till the day I sold it.

You 'just' need to re-route the fuekl pipes to try it.

Assuming your fuel feed/solenoid is the same as mine was.

Good luck

I had land rover ran for weeks then would just stop turn keys and would start looked at wiring on stop solenoid no but put new term on end, turned out to be term on back of switch had loose rivet moved wire on to another switched live supply. Your chipper vib's may be causing this to happen ?????