My footlocking strop

Dak

I decide to try my hand at splicing and this is what I produced! Constructive criticism required :)

Tight eye I didn't taper the tail enough an has slight drop an end of the bury and a little slack in the big eye! I have drop tested it an was fine, granted I only dropped my weight with 2ft of slack! What to splice next haha!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308387945.179355.jpg.38addf4fe3357ed791077fc0350bf2af.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1308387858.544120.jpg.71757498be4a5621e604c8b3923913fd.jpg

I haven't been splicing long but i'm addicted to it now! i have done a few sirius splices this morn.

It looks to me that your X-Z (Tail Taper) may be too long and not reduced enough. it should be 1/3 of a fid.... so on 10mm sirius it would be 70mm.

Or, possibly you haven't reduced the cover enough once you have inserted it into the core.

What instructions are you using? I use the Samson instructions and find them easy to use.

I haven't been splicing long but i'm addicted to it now! i have done a few sirius splices this morn.

It looks to me that your X-Z (Tail Taper) may be too long and not reduced enough. it should be 1/3 of a fid.... so on 10mm sirius it would be 70mm.

Or, possibly you haven't reduced the cover enough once you have inserted it into the core.

What instructions are you using? I use the Samson instructions and find them easy to use.

I'm using New England instructions, on the small I I didn't taper it enough so ye bit of a lump it was the first splice I did, 2nd (larger) splice was tapered much more!

And yee it's a foot locking strop not srt dude, but I will me making one like the dbtree srt set up, ya man drew has been the inspiration to get splicing along with my good pal Spartan87!

The finished article! Lookin very nice bud. Great work for your first go too. You get on much better using the piano wire and new england instuctions this time? I finished me 10mm OP lanyard last night so we shall have to have a climb soon boyo!

Samson instructions are by far the clearest and easiest to follow. You can download them from their website.

Dude they boggled me, NE was easier but each to themselves!

Ye steve piano wire was the key! Ye man found a cool new multi stem syci to climb by the lake at mine!

Atree, you prob could use it but I'm going to make a purpose built rg with thicker rope, but that's a bit off duet funds and trying to find perfect bits or clip and something to hold eye open!

Nah, I found the Samson instructions not half as easy to follow as the NE version. Actually having the coloured photo of the NE rope being spliced is way more helpful IMO, than the Samson drawn ones. Each to their own though