How do you splice tenex onto a pinto

Joseph Howard

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Joseph, may I ask, if it's imperative that you have an E2E? Or can an Eye to Whoopie do the same thing for you? There is a trick to E2E's that the length between your eyes has to be passed through the Tenex first, you'll need a piece of wire and a wire fid to accomplish what you want. But, a Whoopie is a great deal easier to make. Also, it will be adjustable. Whereas, an E2E is fixed permanently. Let us know what is more important, if you would?

Yes! You can it's a real bear but you can do it! Well, I know that I can do it. This has a loop then the locking Brummell and the Whoopie is assembled afterwards. Yes there is a spacer between the cheeks of the rigging pulley. The Tenex is also doubled for the loop on the pulley. It's extremely strong and indestructible, the way it's set up!

Did you mean that you can splice a brummel eye on each of the cheeks of the Pinto? If so, please go on....

You have to unravel the length of Tenex that you need on the one side and redo the weaving when you are done with the 1st side. There are a few great splicers on this forum that can and have done just that! I'm just one of over a dozen or so that know how to do a locking Brummell on each cheek plate. You have to be extremely patient and obviously aware of what you are trying to do, for it to work!