Spur gear - should the spring lock on?

Rhob the Log

Saw is a stihl 088.

Reinstalling a clutch as needle bearing melt caused blueing and it looks off-circular now. Got to the spur gear cleaning out baked on plastic and spur gear's pretty damaged. The spring has dug into it at an angle, being held on by weld-like bits of plastic. Question is...

...does the spur gear have a collar the spring fits over? Can I just glue it back on instead if needs to be fixed? Would have to use a heat-resistant glue for that I suppose. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

5976664d2b6bc_2013-09-2112_36_32.jpg.9b6fb453745864ff921094ff1ae313b0.jpg

5976664d28eca_2013-09-2112_29_34.jpg.9e7357bc45930ffcb1eb33a9de8b5594.jpg

5976664d26a79_2013-09-2112_29_02.jpg.2f9be66f663d5f6c4471180195f00409.jpg

i think it has a collar...

There should be a flange around the outside of that arm, it is so the arm has a friction fit around the gearing pinion so it wont tear itself apart if the oil pump locks up - it should be able to turn the arm around the plastic bit but with a fair bit of force - if it is too easy, the oiler won't work and is a common fault.....sorry - £12 postage sounds a bit heavy, try L&S engineers - they will be around £3.00 I would imagine!

Haha! No, part is £12 PLUS postage (which was £3.96 owing to a.spending spree). May get to that if they have to courier using a stihl rep to handover. Mister solutions still seem to be able to post stihl products. Still, an expensive equipment failure- £90 to fix with some extra spares for the road. That's 1/6th of what I paid machine!

Thanks for the input guys.

Rhob