My Muffler Mod :)

HandyAndy

Hi all,

I don't post much on here, more of a reader, but thought id share the muffler mod I just did on my old 039.

I know it's probably not of much interest to most, but when I was trying to search for pictures to give me ideas on what I could do, I struggled to find any. So I thought by posting this it might give some help to anyone else who wants to do a mod on the 029 or 039.

Basically I didn't really want to do the standard opening up of stock holes, so the welder came out :)

The pics say it all really;

8C08646B-9B18-40BE-956D-86D91E0A6BE5-1669-0000014B429E7C99.jpg

DBFB5D88-56FA-4694-9BAE-0327B11A1EE1-1669-0000014B52CC14B6.jpg

5F6829B1-87F5-445E-8CB2-3EEB400E7307-1669-0000014B4E9F2C68.jpg

154C9625-4CEE-4B42-B015-E09DD3E863C3-1669-0000014B49613A31.jpg

I think the saw sounds really good now and I feel it's given her a bit more umph!

I gave the saw to richard (GTR) for a tune up after it was done and he's done a spot on job. Seems to be running better than it ever has! (Thanks again Rich)

Anyways, hope this may be of help to someone one day lol

Andy.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problem Andy.

By the way I love the mod and the noise is just music to my ears. The mod looks much much more impressive in person than in the picture.

Nice to know its running sweet. Was a lovely saw and has plenty of power.

OMG it's one of those german toys isn't it hmmmmmmm well I guess ya gotta start somewhere with saws :lol::lol::lol:

|Seriously nice job tho and looks good (my guts churning now saying that bout a Stihl......yep I typed it :lol::lol::lol:)