trailer advice

tree climber

just after a bit of advice ladies and gents :001_smile: thinking of selling my ifor williams twin axle trailer as its too small to fit my tractor and topper on, i need to sell this to fund buying a bigger trailer. a mates dad has an indespension twin axle for sale will take 3 and a half ton good tyres floor brakes etc but has no sides and no ramps and he is asking £1000. do you think this is a realisitic price without sides and ramps as its just essentially a flat bed at the moment and i would have to buy ramps and sides for it to be any use. Any advice would be appreciated

cheers

What do you plan on pulling it with for it to 'take 3 and a half ton'? Are you sure it isn't a 3.5 tonne gross trailer?

Do you need the sides or is a flat bed good enough?

Can you keep the ramps you already have?

How much are you looking to sell yours for, price to change is the figure you need to be interested in

What do you plan on pulling it with for it to 'take 3 and a half ton'? Are you sure it isn't a 3.5 tonne gross trailer?

Do you need the sides or is a flat bed good enough?

Can you keep the ramps you already have?

How much are you looking to sell yours for, price to change is the figure you need to be interested in

would have thought its 3.5 ton gross meaning a carrying weight of around 2650kg

would you not be better buying a brand new one better for tax bill next year

Used trailers (particularly the ifors) hold their money, well less desirable makes like indespesion and Brian James less so but still well enough

You don't say how old the trailer is but as long as the condition is good that need not matter. You need to price the bits you will need to add which will give you a comparison value. Get that and have a look what you would get for your money elsewhere. The eBay completed listings tab is usefull for that.

You can always take what you have to a dealer and ask them how much money to swap for the model you want.

Beware when buying used a set of brake linigs will run you to about seventy quid per axle and boden cables aren't cheap either.

UThanks for the advice guys. Yeah I meant 3.5 gross weight, will be pulling a fergie tractor and topper/logsplitter most of the time, but will need sides for logs and carrying round bales of hay for wides horses!! So will take advice and price in what I need and see what figures I come up with, the only benefit of this one is I know exactly what it has done as its only had one owner being used for moving coils of land drain pipes, hadnt thought about buying new but may look in to it, wont be used everyday so not sure if I can justify a brand new one would be nice though!!

unless you can get it for £500 leave it where it is will cost nr a grand for sides and ramps. I had an indespension 3.5 tonne trailer I dont like the rubber suspension units especially when they get old and the bearings look very small. I think the ifor is a much better trailer.