Awkward one

Chris5128

I've got this eucalyptus to do. It all has to lowered due to targets can't the cranes anywhere near it but I do have 2 grcs's. I have a plan and am pretty confident about it but I suppose I'm just seeking some reassurance or find out if anyone would go about differently. Cheers guys ImageUploadedByArbtalk1459008142.263362.jpg.375c79dbdb050756e8046cfea48a174d.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1459008076.908715.jpg.609305925418de71fee8e679de6dd781.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1459008089.753374.jpg.e41f369398a395a8b4ed270bfafe55b8.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1459008108.812757.jpg.f82f5b9941f6160aa9c806b62db43e3c.jpg

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there's only the fence to damage, why not start from the bottom?

Yes, big sharp saw full of gas. Fencepost that thing down, keep going, 5-7ft. chunks at a time. The top always comes back over at some point, that's were the fun is!

looks to me like it wants to fall once its freed from the pine in which case your going to need some serious gear to keep the trunk from dropping.

could you not just repair the post and rail fence after the job??( maybe there is more targets beneath the pine which i cant see).

could try a grc in each of the trackside trees or the pines through a pulleys then up high in the euc to see if you can support it.

hope it goes well for you.

could try the dadio spear cut!!!( if your feeling lucky :) )

if you can use both pines with a grcs on each that should hold it and stop it from rolling or something similar but the main thing I would say slow and steady or very slow and steady. it would be interesting to get photos of how you did it.

I wont say good luck ill say have fun :-D

Sorry to re edit.

Set a rope up in the pine, attach it to the top of the Euc, nibble away at as many branches as poss, then chunk the bottom of until you're taking the weight...

This would be my way of doing it. Then just lower in big chunks once it's off the ground. Unless you can just drop them. Hard to say without seeing it.

Looks like the kind of job I love, have fun. :-)

Sorry to re edit.

Set a rope up in the pine, attach it to the top of the Euc, nibble away at as many branches as poss, then chunk the bottom of until you're taking the weight...

Sounds like the way to do it. I did one like this once and pretty much did what you suggest and it was fine. I remember tying in to the hung up tree for a couple of cuts but using a loop of hessian rope so that if it went the loop would rip out and I'd still be anchored from above in the other tree. The biggest danger is the whole tree rolling as you nibble away at the crown, but once you get up there the support points will be obvious and everything else can go.