mendiplogs

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I continue to be impressed by mine.

Been using just the truck well loaded today and it pulls a treat.

Still having a trouble getting the fueling right on pulling away with the truck and trailer loaded, it's fine with just the truck. but there is another fuel pin that apparently will sort the problem so will try that next.

Was the best money I have spent on the truck.

Edited by scraggs

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1426712985.809980.jpg.9e205707ef35553eb5f2ffa601b7fdee.jpg

Can't beat the 300tdi, mines spent all winter towing firewood so she got rewarded with a 1700mile 3 week trip around Scotland, still doing 80mph on the motorways. Now she's had a holiday its back to towing a fast tow trailer with crane, loaded up with timber ready for processing.

No, blew countless motors to pieces, then the bull bar fell off, then the electrics packed up, then the front outriggers fell off, then the electrics packed up, then the rear chassis member fell off then the electrics packed up again.

Saw the light and bought jap.

Tows a tiny bit less, but hey, it stays dry inside, warm, comfortable, you can shut the door without having to wind window down, quiet so you can actually hear the radio, quicker, more efficent, more reliable, cheaper to run. only bad thing is it doesnt have rovers patent self preservation system, ie it doesnt puke oil out of everywhere to hold back the rust, slightly.

Got a 200tdi 90. Not a new or nice car at all, but does what it's here for -working it's wheels off. Pulls still very well. Sometimes needs a bit of love to keep it going, but engine is still very strong. Got a 110 td5 as well, but still prefer the older 90 for pulling the trailer.

Sometime next year I'm planning to buy an other defender -either a 110 three door or a 130 double cab tipper. Don't really know yet what is best -if I go the 110 route I'll put a tipper trailer behind it but still need another vehicle to bring the chipper, go the 130 route I don't need another vehicle to pull the chipper but all the tools are in plain sight when parked...

[ATTACH]178708[/ATTACH]

Can't beat the 300tdi, mines spent all winter towing firewood so she got rewarded with a 1700mile 3 week trip around Scotland, still doing 80mph on the motorways. Now she's had a holiday its back to towing a fast tow trailer with crane, loaded up with timber ready for processing.

Hi Tim how many miles has yours done thanks Jon