City treework

mistahbenn

Working in an Upper East Side Brownstone. Removal of 4 very skinny, but tall lanky hornbeam. Dont leave a single mark, twig of piece of sawdust. And take it all through the house! That was a very expensive piece of glass above the grill.

[ame]

[/ame]

Done plenty very similar in Clapham, Streatham, Fulham, Wimbledon etc. never fun and a proper ball ache.

One guy I used to work for had the right idea though. He used to butter them up saying how nice the decor was etc. He said all this at the quoting stage that we would do our best to put down plastic or sheets and use ply to line the walls etc, but we could only do so much. He would also put n a sly suggestion that if they popped to the local supermarket got some card etc and did a bit of lining on door frames and corners of walls...

We used to turn up and the place would look like a scene from CSI, plastic sheeting, card on door frames. All we would do would roll out a bit of carpet and some plywood propped up against the walls and crack on.

Benn, are you free next week by any chance? I need this tree removed, no damage. Also need the stump ground out please

Stunning Tubular Glass House Built Around Tree

Haha, I'd love to see that job undertaken.

I've found the key to nightmare through the clean new house jobs is to go OTT on the plastic sheeting and bits of carpet taped to the nasty corners. Spend an hour prepping and then you can run through the house as you would a lane. Gets the job done quick time. Only if it's a bigger job though.