Kinetic log splitters

the village idiot

Apologies if this has already been covered but I am interested to know what models of kinetic splitters are currently, or soon to be available in the UK. I like the look of the Portek on the other thread and am keen to know what else is on the market.

Many thanks, TVI

Thought you had a tractor TVI. These machines look great but you are getting one log at a time and that falls on the floor. With a good tractor mounted vertical machine you get a deep blade that can be making more than one cut at a time and the split log is to hand to chuck into nets etc.

i've just looked up kinetic splitter and they look great.

2-3 seconds of split time over 20-30 for a ram would win any day.

If a hydraulic machine did take that long many of us would not use them but most many don't. Ours has a cycle time on a 630mm stroke of 3.1-6.3 seconds depending on power required and if your doing shorter logs this becomes less again as you can adjust how far the ram returns.

Thought you had a tractor TVI. These machines look great but you are getting one log at a time and that falls on the floor. With a good tractor mounted vertical machine you get a deep blade that can be making more than one cut at a time and the split log is to hand to chuck into nets etc.

I know where you're coming from Beau. I do have a tractor but really like having the power source away from the splitter (generator and electric splitter combo). If there is a fast and reasonably powerful vertical electric hydraulic splitter out there this would also be an attractive option for me.

I know where you're coming from Beau. I do have a tractor but really like having the power source away from the splitter (generator and electric splitter combo). If there is a fast and reasonably powerful vertical electric hydraulic splitter out there this would also be an attractive option for me.

Think the Thor 13 tonne was pretty popular and fast. Don't think I have ever seen a bad word about them on here Thor 13 ton Farmer 230v log splitter. Never used one myself.

Think the Thor 13 tonne was pretty popular and fast. Don't think I have ever seen a bad word about them on here Thor 13 ton Farmer 230v log splitter. Never used one myself.

Good shout!:thumbup:

I like the look of those too!

Cue the endless mental torture of weighing up pro's and cons. I'm sure we've all been there!:001_smile:

They are quick particularly on easy splitting stuff but I have seen them stall on gnarly stuff that a 30hp tractor powered cork screw would chew through . I would say get the biggest bugger you can ......

I was looking on the inter web last week and I found There are three other kinetic splitters on the market

Super split usa

Dr machinery

Rock machinery

I do like there independence and quick splitting if they split like the portek then happy days