Farmi WP36 to Posch s-360 worth the upgrade?

benbound

Hi All,

I currently run a Farmi WP36 PTO driven with the log lifter. Its a great machine and has processed a lot of wood but the output isn't really keeping up with demand. I need to increase the volume of wood I can process with the time that I have available (which is never enough!!) So Ive been looking at bigger machines and better log handling. The S-360 + log deck has caught my eye as it looks well built and well thought out.

Just wondering if anyone else has been down a similar route and if so whether it was worth the investment. I would be buying the processor and log deck together but at a total investment that is 3 time that of the wp36 I don't want to be disappointed with a marginal increase in output.

Thanks very much:thumbup:

Do you have something to load 3m logs onto the rack ?.

I am also looking at the same thing but at present the low cost of imported kiln dried has put me off upgrading. Will have another look next spring, there may be some used 360s coming through then.

A

Watched the 360 being demoed at shows at it's not exactly grease lightning but I am sure a log deck would speed things up over the Farmi. Loading the the lifter is tiring over the day and does slow things down somewhat. If you get a lot of small wood I don't think anything is as fast as the Farmi. Hydraulics are not as fast as a motivated man :001_smile:

Watched the 360 being demoed at shows at it's not exactly grease lightning but I am sure a log deck would speed things up over the Farmi. Loading the the lifter is tiring over the day and does slow things down somewhat. If you get a lot of small wood I don't think anything is as fast as the Farmi. Hydraulics are not as fast as a motivated man :001_smile:

Hi wood how about a dalen off Marshall looks good pro what 360 cut then thanks Jon

Thanks, yes I have a ford 4000 with a front loader that feeds the processor with lengths of cord, the other option I thought about was setting up a log deck instead of the lifter to see how that improves things

Log deck is pretty well essential to get a decent output from the 360, a friend has a 360, one loading the deck with a 3 ton 360 excavator with grab, one on the Posch 360 and another taking away filled bags do 40 bags a day easily.

One of the benefits of the excavator is that it can sort cord by diameter, so similar sizes logs come through together saving time changing splitter knifes.

Otherwise I cant see there being much of a step up from your Farmi.

A

I've just gone from the Farmi wp36 to a posch 350 and log deck and would recommend it to anyone! It's a great machine so guessing the 360 will be abit better and a bit quicker too.

The main reason I bought it was for the easier processing. We had a Farmi with manual deck and after being on it day after day processing it gets abit labour intensive!! And my right arm felt like it was going to fall off. At 26 shoulder problems aren't ideal!

So yea bought a second hand 350 and new deck and wouldn't charge it! It's so easy to operate and you can put the quantity we need to put through it with ease. The only downside is it needs the correct timber!! The farmi can get away with bent big bits but the posch likes straight sub 12" logs! Which is perfect for us because that's pretty much all we get.