tax discs and new law

hedgesparrow

was reading a article the other day re the phasing out of the tax disc and paying electronic but with no paper disc which comes into force 1st october.

but then reading more the tax on vehicle if sold can not be transferred to new owner and the vehicle has to be taxed by new owner before he can use it legally on the road. any tax left over by old owner has to be got back from the DVLA.

what a total dogs do da yes get rid of tax discs but the rest if its taxed its taxed to have to do all of this. if caught without doing it £1000 fine

so be prepared from the 1st as VOSA and police will be out in force to implement it

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never understood why we have the system in the modern era at all. It has nothing to do with the condition of the vehicle, whether the vehicle's insured or the legitimacy of the person driving the vehicle. It generates a whole bureaucracy to run it and a minor industry in forgeries.

If the government want to be paid for the pleasure of putting a vehicle on the road slap a penny on fuel: that would raise more revenue (I guess), save the bureaucracy and drivers would pay only for what they use.

I've never understood why we have the system in the modern era at all. It has nothing to do with the condition of the vehicle, whether the vehicle's insured or the legitimacy of the person driving the vehicle. It generates a whole bureaucracy to run it and a minor industry in forgeries.

If the government want to be paid for the pleasure of putting a vehicle on the road slap a penny on fuel: that would raise more revenue (I guess), save the bureaucracy and drivers would pay only for what they use.

:thumbup: spot on.

Watch the number of cloned vehicles rise. Would be dead simple to do now with no disc on the screen.

Buy two similar cars or vans, buy a spare set of plates & bobs your uncle. Two vehicles taxed, mot'ed & insured for the price of one.

Watch the number of cloned vehicles rise. Would be dead simple to do now with no disc on the screen.

Buy two similar cars or vans, buy a spare set of plates & bobs your uncle. Two vehicles taxed, mot'ed & insured for the price of one.

I am not your uncle

But I must say I said exactly the same thing today.

Mate of mine 200 miles away has same vehicle same age same colour ect.

Would not do it but it would be easier

its crazy why do we need a tax and a major office block holding those who run it. as other countries each year you have to get a new number plate on it it has the insurance details no insurance no plate. simples the tax was introduced to pay for roads and how much from the revenue got from tax discs goes back into the roads 2%.

its a total joke and they then come up with this new white elephant.

those in whitehall would make good comedians if it was funny its not.

was reading a article the other day re the phasing out of the tax disc and paying electronic but with no paper disc which comes into force 1st october.

but then reading more the tax on vehicle if sold can not be transferred to new owner and the vehicle has to be taxed by new owner before he can use it legally on the road. any tax left over by old owner has to be got back from the DVLA.

what a total dogs do da yes get rid of tax discs but the rest if its taxed its taxed to have to do all of this. if caught without doing it £1000 fine

so be prepared from the 1st as VOSA and police will be out in force to implement it

so if you sell your vehicle in the middle of the month ,no doubt you would'nt get a refund for the rest of that month and the new owner would have to pay from that day, so that vehicle would earn the DVLA double dosh for the second half of that month if this is the case how many cars get bought and sold in halfway through a month the extra revenue will be astounding throughout the land

There was a haulage contractor a few years ago who had two identical fleets, one in the north of england, and one in the west country.

He was OK until number plate recognition software logged one of his registrations 400 miles apart in less than a hour.