Log splitter meets thumb

_tc

Well I'm only putting this on as a warning that no matter how many years you've been doing something for years accidents still happen.

My splitter had been broken for about 6 weeks and I finally found a way to get it working so after the kids had gone to bed I fitted the new pipes and Tadaa it worked. 5 mins in I chopped the end of my thumb off. Bugger!

For some unknown reason I decided the log wasn't quite in the right place and moved it, all of a sudden I was in pain and feared the worst. I look down to see blood and hopped in my truck straight to Minor injuries. Two vists later I have to go back this week for an op to see the end of the thumb up and see how pretty they can make it.

I can attach pictures but they are a bit Minging.

Just be careful out there and if anyone has some time go split logs for me as I'm way behind orders!!

Many thanks

Ted.

One before I drove to the hospital one of my thumb the next morning still on the splitter and one of my thumb on the visit yesterday. X ray shows end of the bone taken off too.

image.jpg.1d444252a2b501134256d58cd27c6c74.jpg

Edited by _tc

Sorry for your loss. But joking aside, really need to retrofit a mechanism that requires double handed operation of the splitter. There is a valuable lesson to be learnt hear.

Here's to a swift recovery.

There is a valuable lesson to be learnt HERE - even. Get your Mrs on the splitter when its enhanced - girls are often quicker than the boys.:biggrin:

Well I'm only putting this on as a warning that no matter how many years you've been doing something for years accidents still happen.

My splitter had been broken for about 6 weeks and I finally found a way to get it working so after the kids had gone to bed I fitted the new pipes and Tadaa it worked. 5 mins in I chopped the end of my thumb off. Bugger!

For some unknown reason I decided the log wasn't quite in the right place and moved it, all of a sudden I was in pain and feared the worst. I look down to see blood and hopped in my truck straight to Minor injuries. Two vists later I have to go back this week for an op to see the end of the thumb up and see how pretty they can make it.

I can attach pictures but they are a bit Minging.

Just be careful out there and if anyone has some time go split logs for me as I'm way behind orders!!

Many thanks

Ted.

Hi TED hope ok mate but is it not a 2 handle splitter thanks Jon