when are you most quiet?

smudge1

When I am asleep.

When we did predominantly domestics the quiet times are the new year and summer holidays, for LA stuff its just after the financial year end, with a mad rush just before. For the last 2 years we have been flat out pretty much constantly though, we do about 50% LA, 30% Corporate, and 20% Domestic.

Edited by Stephen Blair

I'm about 75% domestic with the rest made up of parish council, schools etc; had a real dry spell last year about March through to May (put that down to the awful start to the year and no home owners venturing into their gardens).

Normally we're flat out with a lead time of 6-8 weeks; having said that we're currently booking into mid September already......

From mid may until end of August I go a bit quiet, then it goes mad and it has been like this for 6 years with me. Having said that I have quite a few jobs lined up at the moment.

Hodge

Just thought i'd get a thread going about what time of year people find quiet. Personally summer holidays and jan, depending on wind

Leave the curry alone. :)

I dont think it tails off much down here, it always seems manic.

Bob

Always busy with something, depends on time of year, rare to have 'quiet times'!

Generally you can say the firewood gets started for serious 1st sept > end April, depending on how cold it is, and hedges seem to get done in July/August, tree work can be quiet June, which is when we are trying to get 600 loads logs cut for next winter and thankfully it is dry at the moment so doing well! Still getting out to do tree work 1-2 days week to which breaks the monotony of the logs, oh and we are re-building No 1 softwood shed this month....