Igland 3000 double drum

highland dave

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

okay I have to add this, I have 2 sources of info for this, the online copy of a James Jones catalog talks of its use in highlead, skyline and ground operations along with the 4000, 5000 and 8000

It gives the max drum capacity as 150m with 8mm cable and 90m for 9mm.

BUT

Im my Igland perfect 3000/2 owners manual it says-

MAX DRUM CAPACITY

Recommended type of rope 6 x 19 + 7 Seale

Recommended length of rope 30-50m

Recommended rope diameter 8 - 10mm

MAX PULLING POWER PER DRUM

3000kp on empty drum

1300kp on full drum (yes its printed as kp not kg)

Now im not sure if the drum can physically take the whole 150m of 8mm but if it did your looking at a great loss of pulling power with a fully loaded winch drum, which may be the difference between true physcial max and recommended operational max length of cable

I will measure the physical drum dimensions next time im playing with it

elsewhere it says larger rope diameters 12mm and above as they have a tight tension in themselves and wont rest correctly on the drum

hope this is of some help to someone

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all, I've got a problem with my Igland 55 winch! It feeds out no problem and pulls in no problem, but seems to lack serious power!! Everything works as it should but when you engage the clutch, it pulls until the wire it taught then just holds it there!! Any help would be welcome. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Hi all, I've got a problem with my Igland 55 winch! It feeds out no problem and pulls in no problem, but seems to lack serious power!! Everything works as it should but when you engage the clutch, it pulls until the wire it taught then just holds it there!! Any help would be welcome. Cheers

Have you tried adjusting the clutch plate?

Sorry to sound daft, how do you do that?

i am not familiar with the 55 model, but all winches of these type of winches have a adjuster so you have to obtain a maintenance manual to do it yourself, its a pretty simple job to do, a 5 minute job, alternatively ring Jas P Wilson and the will talk you through it, as they are the agents for Igland. If you were nearer i would take a look for you. i'm pretty sure its your clutch, its either needs adjusting or worn clutch plates, has there been oil spilt recently on the sides of the the drum? if so the oil is making the clutch slip when engaging with the pressure plate and will have to be stripped down and cleaned down to a dry surface....

HI HIGGS how much rope have you got on and size of as if you had say 100mt of 11mm that 5.5ton would only pull less then 2tons in very close say 10/15mt out from a 100mt on a reel thanks jon