Waterproof overtrousers

Mark Bolam

I'm after a pair of waterproof overtrousers for those really grim days when it gets really wet.

It's not so much the getting wet that bothers me, but the time it takes to dry out a stinking pair of Stretch Airs for work the next day.

I have a perfectly good pair of cheapo Peter Storms that do the job, but I have to lose my boots to get them on.

I need a pair that split at the ankle enough to be able to grab them and pull them on over boots when it starts hissing down.

Berghaus etc. do ones for £40, but I was thinking lower budget.

Yes, I know I'll sweat in them, I'll just work really slowly.

Don't mention ex-army Goretex please, they are ex-army for a reason.

The SIP Flexothane that Clarks sell look good, but it isn't clear if you can pull them on over chunky boots (if you read this Yve - help!).

Thanks.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a pair of berghaus and there good zip up to the waist and think there gortex so you don't sweat to much. I would make sure you get a pair that are rip stop

Look good mate, and I will go for these if there are no cheaper options.

I don't mind the £40, but they all get trashed quick on thorny work, so would prefer to pay less and renew as and when. Thanks.

flectarn (maybe spelt wrong) I have found best so far, they breath and you dont end up wetter sweating than you would without them. Its not the rain but constant wet grass/brush and exerting so much energy just to stay upright that make you sweat like a pig in anything 100% waterproof, these flectarn are gortex with built in bracers and yes they are ex-arm but very good or I would have thrown them years ago.

Look here it comes with jacket on this site but sure you will find them on their own Flecktarn Goretex Suit

good luck, stay dry