So, this 'ere new 560 and the like, can they be modded?

18 stoner

As title really, just curious as to any thoughts on the "new generation" saws abilities to have even basic muffler mods?

With all the sealed up carbs, auto tune tune etc is it the beginning of the end for saw modding, or does it mean the modding technology needs to move with the times for us to keep getting "the buzz"?

Don't know, but my 550 runs nicer with no spark arrestor, so a bit of muffler modding may help.

When cars were fitted with more and more complicated electrics people said they'd become unfiddlable, now we have very easy, effective and cheap chip-tuning...

As title really, just curious as to any thoughts on the "new generation" saws abilities to have even basic muffler mods?

With all the sealed up carbs, auto tune tune etc is it the beginning of the end for saw modding, or does it mean the modding technology needs to move with the times for us to keep getting "the buzz"?

As said I take the spark arrester out straiot away . There is a bloke in the U,S. who mods them heavly . I asked him about the auto tune etc and he sai not a problem .He is into porting and ceramic bearings and the like . He had a 346 on ebay a while back and it was like a formular one car in the detai l . So yes is the answer .

You starting to worry about putting your 361 up against a 560 now Pete :biggrin:

Sorry haven't had chance to give you a call - dunno where the last week has gone.

Agree with the spark arrester, took it out of my 550 and it definitely made it better again.

From what our dealer said, if you really wanted to and could make it fit, then there's no reason why a normal carb couldn't go on - other than the auto tune they're pretty much a normal saw still.

Haha, its not the 361 you need to worry about Chris, its the 360! Its now running .325 16" bar and 9 pin:scared1:

Sounds great then, Im looking into a 560 and obviously I like to tinker when they are out of warranty, so, as long as the auto tune has the parimeters to cope with a saw thats breathing more than standard we are on a go:thumbup:

Anyone notice how boggy it was at the start and how peak revs and power developed during the cuts he made.

I have noticed that the ported saws I have take a cut or two to liven them up.

Reckon that this one needed a few cuts to reset the electronics to a hot and ported setting!

Last time Petemate390xp was on, I think he said he was going go mod a 560, I'd be interested to hear his views on it :thumbup1:

He's done some stonking saws in the past

Yep . I remember him saying that .

Haha, its not the 361 you need to worry about Chris, its the 360! Its now running .325 16" bar and 9 pin:scared1:

Sounds great then, Im looking into a 560 and obviously I like to tinker when they are out of warranty, so, as long as the auto tune has the parimeters to cope with a saw thats breathing more than standard we are on a go:thumbup:

I'm not scared, we're hopefully sticking a 15" and 9 toother on brett's 3120 :laugh1:

If we can find somwhere for a cut off, one way or another I'll try and get a 560 along for you to try if you've not got one by then :thumbup1:

Spud, have you given a 372 the spud treatment yet? I'm going to dig out the barrel that came off mine when I bought it - from what I can gather it was run on neat fuel so if it will clean up well enough might you fancy giving it a fettle?