Climbing gear

jay2231

Evening all doing my cs 38/39 next month just need some advice on climbing gear and a rough price as To what its gonna cost to set my self up really, i never buy rubbish as im a big believer in you get what you pay for. just wanna know good kit brands etc and the like, ?

Visit a good dealer and try before you buy, take note of what you use on the course and if you get on with it you have a winner, also take note of features you dont like and rule them out in your search.

I use a petzl secuoia (sorry cue key is broken) harness and find it very good, dmm crabs, ce lanyard, marlow geko rope. all good kit. but you will be looking at over a grand once you include ppe, so dont be too hastey!)

hi mate , i spent nearly exactly 1k on ppe and climbing gear, think it was about 600 on the climbing gear : harness, rope, strop, prusic loops, 4 karabs, first aid, knife, and spikes! you could always borrow spikes for the time being and prolong spending 200 quid on them ??