Agricultural Accident, No-one injured

Dean Lofthouse

I have been taking down a rather large Sycamore Monday and this morning. It had been condemded by the local TO.

We sectioned down half the tree and felled out two huge limbs. When I felled out the second to last limb I failed to check the felling area before making the final cut.

In that felling area someone had parked an Agricultural tipping trailer, sadly the trailer was completely written off beyond repair but no-one was injured which was a blessing.

The trailer owner was most distressed to see his newish trailer smashed beyond recognition.

Attached are the final stages of the take down with the last photo being of the written off trailer.

It just shows, be careful out there chaps. If you can miss seeing a 20 tonne tipping trailer then you can miss seeing your groundy.

I will hang my head in shame, I don't know whether I will ever get over this mishap, especailly seeing the reaction of the trailer owner.

5976535e32723_DavidMansleys032.jpg.f8b920e7e09b23bfb5aff742d28e0241.jpg

5976535e2ea84_DavidMansleys031.jpg.3511133c50fded1f8f80ce1c43e61b62.jpg

5976535e2a8cb_DavidMansleys030.jpg.ef9513cbbe867aac62d28425d22800a4.jpg

5976535e27d25_DavidMansleys029.jpg.4ac2e160097d8a1a951a4fee029c7929.jpg

5976535e23fea_DavidMansleys028.jpg.b9dd8179a21b49c8149e4540ea10d9bb.jpg

I bet he was Dean, So I take it he will soon have a nice shiny new one?

Hell no !

The job took one and a half days instead of one, his dad got a bargain job :sneaky2:

That main stem FTR was being left 15ft high so his dad could build a platform round it with a roof, a round tree house.

That should keep the little chap quiet. :001_tongue: