Landscape perspective

David Humphries

Interesting view today

Wasn't really involved in this pollard job, as I was off else where being theory minded at an LTOA quarterly get together

Masaria - 3998, blah blah ( another thread.....:001_rolleyes:)

but turned up later to give the guys a hand to clean the site ready for finishing tomorrow, when I took a closer look at what's been staring me in the face for at least a year.

'The Shard'

all 1,017 ft of it (when finished) stands not very proudly next to one of Londons finest & oldest landmarks.........St Pauls cathedral.

What blows the mind, is that there is probably close to half a mile between the two buildings !!!!!!!

St Pauls is just over 5 miles away from this tree.

46TheShard_pic8.jpg.327f6c11427c63b3033c0a27aa96675c.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg.ee6de8f56259a6e6009f0c3c345c6d16.jpg

IMG_1633.jpg.876a16cbffa9f755f5d04c4ab0eb86e6.jpg

IMG_1628.jpg.451c799ac8201b8a0cef507c0c4efe99.jpg

To me, that's part of the beauty of being able to see so much of the London skyline from view points like HH.

I love the juxtaposition of the old and the new and the way that view is constantly changing and evolving. Your pics bring it home just how mind blowingly BIG the new tower is! Do you find that you take it for granted and that you don't even notice it any more? For example, I can see Wembley Stadium from mine and I've become so used to it I forget it's there.

Do you find that you take it for granted and that you don't even notice it any more? For example, I can see Wembley Stadium from mine and I've become so used to it I forget it's there.

To be honest I do find that I get complacent to what is permanent & what is changing around, but having said that, when ever I see things like wembley from different aspects I have to get the old camera out.

Oddly, (the last shot, taken from Mill Hill village at the weekend) the contrast was way out so much so, that you can't even pick it out :thumbdown:

IMG_1534.JPG.2a3e4fb10f8c57371af32a226d5539af.JPG

DSC02562.JPG.1de95a833e6dbe86cea57bd54de8e115.JPG

P1060003.JPG.74415479782fc8167183eaaf3228c0b3.JPG

Is HH ( i take it thats hampstead heath) nice then? I've never been to the capital..!

It is Rob.

Is there a reason for to your no go to London policy ?

As much as I love countryside landscapes there something incredible about london gret thread as usual

ta frankie, glad ya like it :thumbup1: