Show your Diggers and/or Excavators

rowan lee

I bought this little Volvo, a few months back for playing with at the weekends.

(sad really i know, while everyone else is off drinking, scoring women, etc etc, i'm back at the ranch messing in fields with wee diggers in my spare time :laugh1:)

28yrs of dreaming about owning one, and finally the wait is over.

Cleaning up a mates yards in this one:thumbup1:

Image0154.jpg.a9d02f17c54b680c2905a839f458c462.jpg

Nice Rob, looks really handy. Can you get that attachment to fit a 1.5t excavator?

Its just a standard grapple and rotator supplied from Caledonian Forestry so should fit smaller machines ok. Caledonian Forestry made a bracket for quick hitch and re jigged the piping and fitted quick fittings, all for £1500. You can change it back to normal digger in two minutes.

DSCN7579.jpg.ae900b50aad59ff257abff97b3cce449.jpg

The old Case/DB drott dug the footings for our house and hacked some tracks through the wood, but was slow, uncomfortable and constantly threw tracks on hidden stumps etc., so I swapped it for the MF50 which was useful but big and numb, so that got Ebayed to a Brit who shipped it to his place in Spain to grub up old olive trees...

DSC01255.jpg.55c1d17341035a3c27e9a8790a7f277a.jpg

At the moment the only digger here is the 1962 Mcconnel backhoe bought for £100 from a local farm sale and put on the back of the Goldoni compact as & when required. Surprisingly fast and strong but no subframe so care is needed.....

DSC01360.jpg.60a52a45f860ea93c3d484f3dc177935.jpg