Welcome to the Arbtalk.co.uk | Discussion Forum for Arborists.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Past Competitions View past competitions held at arbtalk.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-04-10   #31 (permalink)

Re: Fungi on Parade

I'd have a go but there's a couple I'm stuck on!
Old 22-04-10   #32 (permalink)
Site Moderator, Raffle Sponsor 2013

Pm me your answers Katie, who ever gets the closest to all of them, wins the books

"
William Blake

TreeFung-ous

david.humphries@cityoflondon.gov.uk
Old 22-04-10   #33 (permalink)

Ok, I'll have a look and see if I can make a guess at the two I've got nothing for then send you them- don't laugh though!!
Old 22-04-10   #34 (permalink)

Ok my poor attempt is sent by pm!
Old 22-04-10   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member, Raffle Sponsor 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat1e View Post
Ok my poor attempt is sent by pm!
good on ya and good luck!

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."~Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

"The acquisition of any knowledge is always of use to the intellect, because it may thus drive out useless things and retain the good. For nothing can be loved or hated unless it is first known".~Leonardo da Vinci

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes".~Nikola Tesla

my desire to enlighten, out of love of neighbour
Old 22-04-10   #36 (permalink)

Mmm I think the person who does worst (me!) ought to get the books as the person who does worst is most in need of them!
Old 22-04-10   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Mmm I think the person who does worst (me!) ought to get the books as the person who does worst is most in need of them!

lol, maybe i can arrange a second place prize! there is only three of you innit as far as I can tell!

"All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."~Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

"The acquisition of any knowledge is always of use to the intellect, because it may thus drive out useless things and retain the good. For nothing can be loved or hated unless it is first known".~Leonardo da Vinci

"The scientific man does not aim at an immediate result. He does not expect that his advanced ideas will be readily taken up. His work is like that of the planter for the future. His duty is to lay the foundation for those who are to come, and point the way. He lives and labors and hopes".~Nikola Tesla

Old 23-04-10   #38 (permalink)

Four including me I think? I estimate I got 4 right! Maybe 2 or 3!
Old 23-04-10   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Four including me I think? I estimate I got 4 right! Maybe 2 or 3!
have faith you might suprise yourself!

Old 23-04-10   #40 (permalink)

Doubt it, didn't have a clue about most of them and changed my mind several times about some! Feel free to laugh at my answers later.