Ip Man

Rich Rule

Watched this over the weekend... what a film!!! if you are a fan of the Kung Fu movie, this is probably the best I have seen in years.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qhPDEOYbx4]YouTube - Ip Man (2008)- Ip Man vs 10 Black Belts[/ame]

the clip is in Mandarin and Japanese, but for this scene you do not really need to see the subs, other than, Ip Man is rathered annoyed and decides to kick ass on principle. The winner gets a bag of rice...

The movie is about Ip Man, a Wing Chun master, who fights for his freedom in mainland China from the Japanese soldiers during WWII.

It is supposedly based on a true story and IP Man went on to teach WIng Chun with one of his students being Bruce Lee.

Well worth a watch for the cinematography and choreography.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt34aHAFkV8&feature=related[/ame]

enjoy

Edited by Rich Rule

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Donnie Yen is FAST, the guy is awesome, ive seen few of his older films over the years, all subtitled, His martial arts is second to none these days imo,

Good post, Ive not seen IP man yet, i will be doing soon tho now :001_cool:

Mozza, Donnie is the don.

did you ever see Ong Bak - Muaythai Warrior? another great movie, but based on ancient Muay Thai instead of Kung Fu.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4y2AmUmWOh0&feature=related]YouTube - Tony Jaa - Ong Bak - Fighting 3 men[/ame]

:001_tongue::001_tongue::001_tongue:

[ame]

[/ame]

the film took ages to make as they kept mullering each other during the fight scenes.

Edited by Rich Rule

I dont watch many kung-fu movies but Ong Bak was really good with some serious skills, Rich what was the one based on the thai fighter that had a sex change ( true story) i can never remember the name it was really good aswell.

I cant remember the names of the ones ive seen mate, I think ive seen the one about the muay thai, My cousin teaches kick boxing and wushu, I did both for about 6 years when i was younger so i was constantly watching martial arts films, I still buy chinese films from time to time, There so much better than the hollywood produced ones.

The early stuff Jet Li has done is class too, the ones set in ancient china with the big battle seens are unreal.

You gotta love some of the wapons too, The chinese make some of the best gypsie beaters ive ever seen haha

I dont watch many kung-fu movies but Ong Bak was really good with some serious skills, Rich what was the one based on the thai fighter that had a sex change ( true story) i can never remember the name it was really good aswell.

Haha, true I know, but Ong Bak is about a country bumpkin who's village buddha is stolen and he takes it upon himself to go to Bangkok to try and get it back. Not sure about the one about the sex changed boxer. He used to enter the ring blowing kisses and made up. He was banned from fighting once he had the Hormone replacement therapy as they do not allow breast in the stadiums, or so i was told... not sure of the name of it tho.

SWB - Ip man came out december last year. My mate is from Hong Kong and has gone back for 4 months and he mentioned it as a must see last time I spoke to him. Managed to get hold of a copy this weekend.

Edited by Rich Rule

yeah i did mate. GSP is one of my all time fav's, and he showed why. Bisping looked a bit nervous to me but Henderson (sp?) can bang.

a couple of the other fights were great but I didn't get to see them all as the 'russian' site I was watching it on had it removed due to copyright.

I was training yesterday and there was a couple of cage boys in the gym. One of them is defending his Cage Rage Light Heavy belt - Jimi Manuwa (Sp?) in 3 weeks, he was looking in good shape, they did 10 round thai sparring after probably a similar number of pad rounds.