Orange is my favorite colour

treeseer

Subtle but significant today were these orangeish bands of adaptive growth. Neighbor is pressuring owner to fell, claiming hazard but actually just getting old and paranoid. Aerial assessment showed these orangeish bands of recent reinforcement, demonstrating the tree's healthy response to movement.

So pruning alone and brief report with pics and interpretation ought to allay concerns. Except--the crack in the elephant ears is a bit bothersome; especially since a Liquidamabar with BIG ears just failed, breaking much of this Q phellos. I had flagged it in my report from a month ago, but they did not call to schedule the prescribed cabling.

Given this history and the 2 houses under it, I will be cabling above this fork tomorrow. $80 in materials (which should last at least >30 years), one hour's extra time while I'm up there anyway, finishing the pruning works; very affordable insurance.

597660b4c9540_almichandhunt018.jpg.c0cdc07cd5f91425f6bb93a8867fd7ce.jpg

597660b4c5a98_almichandhunt017.jpg.be881a5be1f0a29c7ba34805ef801205.jpg

597660b4c2cfe_almichandhunt011.jpg.7385c5dd39c4b28e47f696ed0f05378d.jpg

Not keen on the last pic :(
that's why...:laugh1:

I will be cabling above this fork tomorrow. $80 in materials (which should last at least >30 years), one hour's extra time while I'm up there anyway, finishing the pruning works; very affordable insurance. :thumbup1:

Will you be recommending future inspections of the tree and the cabling?
Yes, periodic inspections are called for. I'll invite them to email me a picture once a year, and propose on the invoice to return in 3 years for an aerial inspection, when pruning needs will also be assessed.

The tree's bad off from the neighbor sending a hack to spike and whack on north side, then the elephant-eared gum crushed the east side. So some further restoration will be needed sooner than the typical 5-year cycle for this age and species. Owner's responsibility to schedule; if the house changes hands hopefully the new owner will follow through. It's their call, as always.

These are the cat's whiskers--if they are not sold over there they ought to be: Tree Stuff - Wedge Grip Dead End

Yes, periodic inspections are called for. I'll invite them to email me a picture once a year, and propose on the invoice to return in 3 years for an aerial inspection, when pruning needs will also be assessed.

Cool :thumbup1: