Anyone built a wobbly building?

Graeme

Hi everybody.

Good morning. I have just joined the forum and thought it would be polite to start a thread.

I hope this is in the right place and that it has not been done before, apologies if it has.

I am a big fan of the Lloyd Kahn books, Shelter, Homework, Builders of the Pacific Coast, Tiny Homes and lots of similar titles.

My fiance (hopefully wife on St. Patricks Day!) and I dream of having some space to build some interesting buildings using green wood, cob, turf, stone, lime etc

Would anyone like to share some pictures of their own creations?

Edited by Graeme

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Alex

Yes exactly that kind of thing. I think that is the Simon Dale house?

I wasn't being too prescriptive though - I know this is a very creative bunch of people so I suspect there are a few interesting houses, offices, guest cabins, workshops, wood sheds, saunas etc out there.

Yeh it is, click on the link above the pic if you haven't already.

With the price of houses a pisstake at the moment, i think my generation will have to look at other options such as this. (i'm not complaining, i'd much rather live in that house than a boring new build on an estate)

Most building plots around here are around £200,000-00....

But I did knock together a wee porch for the caravan - cleft shingles oneside, green sawn the other.... Redwood pillars.

Really just to have a play!

:biggrin: Ridiculous and fantastic at the same time!

Brilliant! :biggrin:

My mate has this barn, and his house is even more of an homage to wood, but I am sorry to say I wouldnt put pics of someone elses house on a forum without asking first, and I havent asked lol! If you look carefully you will pick out the 1/2 tonne dragon on the roof, a bit like Smaug in the Hobbit.

59765fd3b0bf7_dickonsbarn.jpg.84bb0084df0944ee890e03326a4e26a1.jpg

59765fd3b3d83_dickonsbarninside.jpg.f126501d6c4243ea461c2aae1adeae14.jpg