Ever been on a cruise?

matelot

I'm thinking of going on a cruise.

The guy that I lodge with swears by them. I can see the plus points in that everything is laid on and travelling between destinations should be quite enjoyable. However I'm concerned that it will be a pensioner fest with too much talk about playing golf and what type of BMW you drive.

Anyone been on one?

I have done two, if you get itchy feet being in one place to long, a cruise is ideal, it's great waking up every morning in a different country.

First one was as you thought, a boat load of pensioners, crap food and some horrendous weather on the way out, it was a bloody nightmare come true.

Second one was given to me as an apology for the first, same boat but different time of year, and it was a truly excellent holiday.

Try not to pick a small boat, although they are nice because there isn't too many people on board, they have limited entertainment, and you can't hide yourself away from the inevitable annoying person.

I think the larger ships get a lot of younger people on board, especially the big American ships as cruises have got a lot cheaper and more money about.

Yeah, went on my first cruise last May through the Panama canal. It was a good experience, i saw a small glimpse of many beautiful countries and the service onboard was exceptional - vast majority were Indonesian staff.

I'm not in a desperate rush to do another one but i did enjoy it.

Yes, almost all passengers are of pensionable age but i get on with oldies.

Days at sea are a bit boring and they do like squeezing money out of you for non inclusive services.

I consider it quite often but always get stuck thinking it will be full of elderly people. Did look at the 'navigator of the seas' and I think the other one was the 'sea empress'. They would be an excellent time but it makes all the difference when there are people around the same age as you

Remarkable with an aging population I find it fascinating that most members that have replied to this thread don't understand there getting older every day. I have been on one cruise and had a nice time old and young alike and families. Went to the Bahamas.

more than enough to eat, drink both adult and non adult beverages.

easy-lift guy