drive safely people

Bald Monkey

Great start to the day, managed to put the ranger in a ditch. Was driving to work along a single track road came around a blind corner and met another car. Both slammed on brakes but mine seemed to lock and I just skidded, managed to get it on the verge to prevent an head on collision but unfortunately the verge turned into a ditch :thumbdown: Finally got it towed out and the front wing has took a battering and can't open the passenger door. I'm pretty sure the brakes didn't work properly because they just seemed to lock and I can honestly say I wasn't going very fast 20 - 30mph max.

Luckily no damage to me which is the main thing just peed off!!

So stay safe guys :thumbup1:

Road conditions were wet and it was very smooth tarmac. I never push it down this road because on several occasions I've had deer run out and there are lots of blind bends. It may have been my fault, I'll never know. All I know is when I hit the brakes I kept going, either something happened with the brakes and they didn't work properly or I skidded because of the wet surface. It happened so fast I don't really know. Can't remember seeing any skid marks come to think of it but it was wet.

Wet ground = no skid marks.

A car will lock brake no matter what speed if you push hard enough.

My guess, they worked and locked up as they would do but due to wet you didn't notice them lock as you could here or feel it. Once a car has started to skid the brakes must be released and repressed to stop a skid, but in practice it happens too fast to remember to do this.

Unlucky on truck, get a mallet on it and start pounding the dents back out.

Great start to the day, managed to put the ranger in a ditch. Was driving to work along a single track road came around a blind corner and met another car. Both slammed on brakes but mine seemed to lock and I just skidded, managed to get it on the verge to prevent an head on collision but unfortunately the verge turned into a ditch :thumbdown: Finally got it towed out and the front wing has took a battering and can't open the passenger door. I'm pretty sure the brakes didn't work properly because they just seemed to lock and I can honestly say I wasn't going very fast 20 - 30mph max.

Luckily no damage to me which is the main thing just peed off!!

So stay safe guys :thumbup1:

I'm assuming you own the later style ranger ie 2007 onwards? A customer of ours sold his after a few weeks coz it scared the poop out of him and he wouldn't drive it again. He ook it to a ford dealer after it happened,they didn't find anything wrong but one of the techs told him it wasn't the first one they'd had in with brake problems. ???

I'm assuming you own the later style ranger ie 2007 onwards? A customer of ours sold his after a few weeks coz it scared the poop out of him and he wouldn't drive it again. He ook it to a ford dealer after it happened,they didn't find anything wrong but one of the techs told him it wasn't the first one they'd had in with brake problems. ???

it certainly scared the poop out of me this morning