Arbtalk Launches new Knot guide

Steve Bullman

Arbtalk Launches New

Arborist Knot Guide

Nearly 3 years since it's conception, and following a year of development, Arbtalk is proud to announce the launch of its brand new Arborist Knot Guide

Using the same familiar interface as the Fungi Directory the knot guide already boasts 50 knots, all in an easy to follow, step by step slideshow format. We've tried to include as many of the most popular knots as possible, with many obscure ones added in addition. We appreciate there are a few significant knots which have currently been omitted, but are already scheduled in for the next update.

The knot guide is a work in progress and we intend to expand the content considerably over the coming months and years. If there's a particular knot of interest to you that you don't see in the list, please get in touch and we will prioritize it in the next update.

Many thanks to Fletcher Stewarts, Yale, and ISC for their sponsorship of this new resource, and an extra special thank you to Nigel at Fletcher Stewarts for his assistance with the photography, and Chris Cooper-Abbs from The Absolute Arb Company for his expert assistance during the knot tying process.

Finally, we appreciate all feedback, good or bad(especially bad), so please get in touch if you have anything to tell us, and as some of the more obscure knots are as yet without any detail, please feel free to use the comment feature within the knot guide to help us populate the guide with accurate reports on each knots characteristics, Thank you.

Edited by Steve Bullman

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great initiative.

But I can't seem to make the "comment" facility work. I just tried to add a comment on the bowline knot, but when I press [submit] nothing happens.

My comment would have been...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Can't seem to find the "bowline on a bight" a.k.a. "double bowline" that can be used as a termination knot as well as a midline knot.

I frequently use this know for rigging purposes, as it can be tied in the middle of the rope (like an apline butterfly) and is easy to untie, even after heavy loads, especially, if you insert a crab "mid knot" (difficult to describe, let me know if I should add a photo).

Forum rules prevents med from linking directly to examples, but here is a Google Search double bowline - Google Search

Great initiative.

But I can't seem to make the "comment" facility work. I just tried to add a comment on the bowline knot, but when I press [submit] nothing happens.

My comment would have been...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Can't seem to find the "bowline on a bight" a.k.a. "double bowline" that can be used as a termination knot as well as a midline knot.

I frequently use this know for rigging purposes, as it can be tied in the middle of the rope (like an apline butterfly) and is easy to untie, even after heavy loads, especially, if you insert a crab "mid knot" (difficult to describe, let me know if I should add a photo).

Forum rules prevents med from linking directly to examples, but here is a Google Search double bowline - Google Search

Slight oversight....comments feature now enabled.

bowline on a bight will be on the next update