SRT topanchor

been playing around with SRT for a couple of months and was rec. climbing a beech, did a couple of redirects to the outher crown and came down to pack up and go.

But i had to do the "walk of shame" up the tree and get all the redirects out to get the line out.

But yesterday i came around a video where they locked the small ring of a cambiumsaver with an alpine butterfly.

This way you can have a topanchor for srt but still make a lot of redirects and get your line out

I tried the same thing today and put a ring through the butterfly for added safety.

thought i'd share it with you guys to see what you think

nice neck stretch at the end of the day

IMG_3027.jpg.7d6f3402d4b235baf358223a3a20485e.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg.06c7ebf75477220f7235c8342241d7e1.jpg

IMG_3024.jpg.8879ee7a6f32f8d1db5d1a743af7beb7.jpg

IMG_3023.jpg.42ebb70555798d6911b52a409028274f.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for sharing, I have so far been able to pull the rope out by footlocking a long tail from the ground and bouncing, yanking, but didn't think about the friction damage to the eye of the butterfly like he talks about in first vid, will try the pinto now. Also liked the idea of using a steel ring cambium saver, they seem a lot less prone to impact damage than aluminium,