Artic Load Cordwood Stack Size

MonsterMonster

I'm looking at buying in an artic load of cordwood to process for my biomass boiler. I'd be looking at about 27 tonnes of hardwood in 2.5m to 3m lengths and up to about 24cm diameter. We have the space but unfortunately not the access so am looking to rent a patch of land to take delivery and process to take away.

Roughly what size of foot print would this unload as a manageable stack (i.e. 2 person man handling)? It's the length of stack that's of interest.

Also does anyone know what sort of reach the artic grabber will have from the side of the artic?

Thanks

I'm looking at buying in an artic load of cordwood to process for my biomass boiler. I'd be looking at about 27 tonnes of hardwood in 2.5m to 3m lengths and up to about 24cm diameter. We have the space but unfortunately not the access so am looking to rent a patch of land to take delivery and process to take away.

Roughly what size of foot print would this unload as a manageable stack (i.e. 2 person man handling)? It's the length of stack that's of interest.

Also does anyone know what sort of reach the artic grabber will have from the side of the artic?

Thanks

If your man handling it you need a neat low stack when stacks collapse it happens quick and takes no prisoners. Artic all reach 25 ft if mid mounted you want 60 ft by 40 ft to get artic and stack in but lorrys need room to turn and shunt

If your man handling it you need a neat low stack when stacks collapse it happens quick and takes no prisoners. Artic all reach 25 ft if mid mounted you want 60 ft by 40 ft to get artic and stack in but lorrys need room to turn and shunt

Thanks Mortimer, exactly the advice I'm looking for. Just found a neighbour with a field with low level hedge right next to a private road and it's free! Should be okay to sweep in and reverse out. Have had full sized low level loaders do this on tighter lanes around here.

What would you call low? Chest height?

Edited by MonsterMonster

Thanks Mortimer, exactly the advice I'm looking for. Just found a neighbour with a field with low level hedge right next to a private road and it's free! Should be okay to sweep in and reverse out. Have had full sized low level loaders do this on tighter lanes around here.

Most timber lorry drivers are trained to get wagons in to impossible places.

If you're man handling wouldn't want to go above head height (1.8m), if it'll be there for a while you'd want it up on bearers so maybe only 1.5m of wood. I'd say the stack would cover around 34m2 of space at that height.

Out of interest why go for hardwood for a biomass boiler? It takes twice as long to season and costs more per kWh

If you're man handling wouldn't want to go above head height (1.8m), if it'll be there for a while you'd want it up on bearers so maybe only 1.5m of wood. I'd say the stack would cover around 34m2 of space at that height.

Out of interest why go for hardwood for a biomass boiler? It takes twice as long to season and costs more per kWh

That's what I was going to recommend, some drivers need to be told to put it on bearers. And if space is tight for artic ask for a lorry and drag, that's what we have to have here.

What would you call low? Chest height?

if your asking them to drop off to you on a regular basis give a good drink (£25.00 ) it goes a long way if they have to go on grass or chuck it over a hedge.

Driver I had today moved 15 ton of cord that was boxed in the corner and could not be got at

If your hand balling nothing above chest height and keep your wits about you.

Don't be tempted to climb up the stack to grab a bit just take it from the bottom how are you processing it?