Flip lines, loler.

madbopper

I thought I would start a new thread as I didn't want to interfere with the one about the lad on the telly who had a fall after his wire core flip line failed.

I've just gone out to the tool shed and brought mine indoors to have a look at.

Sometimes things are not obviouse until you are pointed in the right direction, mine is just like the one in the pic with black shrink wrap over the joined area, how are you supposed to inspect something when it has black shrink wrap all over it.

I'm unsure what to do with mine it is nearly new and been used twice,if it cannot be inspected correctly then surely it is not fit for purpose, as we all know it needs to be lolered every six months and if this is not possible,then it can't be fit for purpose.

Your thoughts.

I don't lift anything I climb with it.

I thought I would have got a lot more response than this, maybe I didn't word it correctly I will try to sum up my thoughts.

If a piece of your climbing gear is wrapped in black shrink tube how are you supposed to do your daily,weekly,or six month inspections correctly,

My opinion would be that you can't. Cycles to failure and all that jazz hidden from view.

To my understanding some people do not Loler a flipline as its not supporting you or lifting weight as it should only be used as a secondary support when your feet at supported also?

Having said that, i force my loler man to do mine for me :lol:

I guess in the case of your one, if it has shrink wrap over it and you are not happy with it personally then dont use it, sell it and buy a different one without the wrapping.

At the end of the day, its not the loler mans neck on it, its yours.

If you dont think its fit for purpose to use and climb with, then dont.

I thought loler covered all climbing gear including flip lines as they are life critical...i have a new england flipline and mine also has black plastic heated and melted onto the spliced bit. never really thought about it failing!

To my understanding some people do not Loler a flipline as its not supporting you or lifting weight as it should only be used as a secondary support when your feet at supported also?

Having said that, i force my loler man to do mine for me :lol:

I guess in the case of your one, if it has shrink wrap over it and you are not happy with it personally then dont use it, sell it and buy a different one without the wrapping.

At the end of the day, its not the loler mans neck on it, its yours.

If you dont think its fit for purpose to use and climb with, then dont.

Has with all climbing gear the leaflet that comes with it stresses how imperative it is too store your equipment in a dry and away from direct sunlight when not in use and too dry equipment off/out if used in wet conditions.

I know its not always possible but it all helps in prolonging the life .

Ste