jensen blade ,anvil gap

defenderjack

Yep

We have had two jensons one from brand new and the anvil gap is noticeably tapered. Just like you say at the bearing end it is tighter getting bigger away from the centre. How is your chip size with new blades in.

ok that's good to know , like I say I don't NOT trust the guy I got it from far from it hes been very helpful just wanted to hear others experiences :001_smile:chip size is good , the only issue I have is that the new blades seem to run to close to the anvil just enough that they rub on it but only ever so slightly which leads me to believe its been set up a bit to close on a part used set of blades , bit annoying as the machine is faultless otherwise

ok that's good to know , like I say I don't NOT trust the guy I got it from far from it hes been very helpful just wanted to hear others experiences :001_smile:chip size is good , the only issue I have is that the new blades seem to run to close to the anvil just enough that they rub on it but only ever so slightly which leads me to believe its been set up a bit to close on a part used set of blades , bit annoying as the machine is faultless otherwise

Put a new set of blades in it as in brand new and replace or flip the Anvil.It comes out the side and you just turn it over and re-install it.Both sides might be worn in which case a new one is must to ensure you set the gap up accuratly.

The Pillar Bearing on the Engine end of the Rotor shaft can be moved out wards to create the Gap you need,just loosen the retaining bolts on the bearing shelf slightly and move the pillar with a Bar.The bolt holes are slotted to help you achive the lateral movement.

Its really important to gap it with new blades as they are longer than a set that has even been sharpened once.

I gap mine with about 1mm at the shaft end and 2mm at the other end of the Blade.

Yep

We have had two jensons one from brand new and the anvil gap is noticeably tapered. Just like you say at the bearing end it is tighter getting bigger away from the centre. How is your chip size with new blades in.

This.

Most chippers will be slightly closer at one end.

I had a Jensen A340 apart with the feed rollers out etc today and it was defiantly closer bearing end.