TW150DH 2006 wont start up

Stihl Unknown

Hi there!

My 2006 TW150DH has been running fine but in the last two days it was struggling to start and today it wouldn't start at first. After warming the glow plugs as usual and then turning further to crank, the starter was turning the engine but it would not fire. Eventually it did on full revs but at lunch it was switched off and would not start again.

We did the following:

Checked the fuel

checked the fuel pump worked by cracking the screw valve on top of the second fuel filter. Fuel was flowing on the glow light.

checked the both fuel filters

bleed the air through the fuel system

After some google action I think maybe the fuel shut off solenoid is faulty. Any ideas? attatched is a picture from the user manual but I couldn't find the solenoid marked so ive circles in green what I think is the solenoid.

Cheers ArbTalk!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ant

solenoid.jpg.72e65f441e5dfbfd029ace4e79860bec.jpg

I took of the solenoid and the engine fires up lovley and runs.bhad to poke an allen key in the solenoid bay to turn the engine off. Put a fluke on the plastic connection plug and got voltage through it when on the ignition so i assume the switch is to stiff and not retracting or there is not enough current going through. Im taking it to JCB Holt today in Bodmin.